• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid by Douglas R. Hofstadter

Peder-
Yes, I'm passionate about Bach. I'm glad you don't consider it overbearing.
Air in G - or, as it is known these days, Air on a G String (and it has nothing to do with women's underwear) is NOT from the Violin Sonatas, but from the 3rd Orchestral Suite.
Now that we are on this topic (I hope this is not considered hijacking, as we are off the title topic of the thread), I must highly - no, SUPER highly recommend The Violin Sonatas and Partitas, recorded by Paul Galbraith on the 8 string guitar. What can I say? What word can I use? Miraculous comes to mind. But get the Gould '54 Goldbergs first.

Libre,
Yes, we should probably stop walking on the grass and testing the patience of the moderators or other forum members, although the title of the book did include Bach :)
Very glad to have gotten to know you better and maybe someday there will be a novel with Johann or Sebastian in the tiitle and we can continue this a little further :D
CU around,
Peder

(just one more second, moderators)
Peder -
Check out my recent thread called Evening in the Palace of Reason (I just posted it today, in the same area as this thread). A fascinating read, about one of our favorite subjects.
And, glad to know you too!

Back