• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Garden State

I've never heard of this film, but I agree with you about Natalie Portman - she is an excellent actress. You only have to watch Leon to see that!

Leon is incredible - and the European edition (called Leon here) is so, so superior to the version originally released in the US called "The Professional". They chopped about half an hour out and made it a completely different film for the US release - evidently we're not sophisticated enough for a movie of that depth. :rolleyes: I hope Garden State has a European distributor and y'all get to see it soon.

There's been talk about a sequel to Leon for ages now - a grown-up Mathilda kicking some ass.

But I hope to God it never gets done.

Cheers

Garden state was wonderful. Amazing cinematography starting with the first scene. Natalie Portman was great. She cried well (pet peeve started by Olivia Hussey in Franco Zeffirelli's version of Romeo and Juliet). Great writing by Zach Braff, and the message was really great. It focused on larger than life problems/emotions without losing track of the importance of little things, which rarely happens in movies.

Back