• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Garth Nix - Childen's Fiction

Oh my god, I read Sabriel in 4th grade, and I absolutely loved it. I didn't even know there was a sequel and a third. Wow, have I got to pick those up. This news makes me very happy.

i found that the last (not the creature in the case) one left more questions in my mind.

and i swear that mogget is reincarated in one of my girlfriend's cats

By the way, Garth Nix has recently released another book, The Ragwitch. Honestly? I found it flat and unengaging. I loved the Abhorsen Trilogy, but both The Keys to the Kingdom and The Ragwitch do not meet the standards of his previous works.

There is also another book to do with the Old Kingdom (It may only be out in America though as I haven't seen it yet) called Across the Wall Tales of the Old Kingdom And Beyond, which is (I think) short stories about the Old Kingdom.

I also found another of Nix's books in a charity shop a few weeks ago. It's called Shade's Children, but I haven't read it yet.

i've read, and re-read Sabriel, Lireal, and Abhorsen they are all really great books

i've also read the first two books of his Keys to the Kingdom series, and can't wait to get my hands on #3.... i also want to read his Seventh Tower series.... haven't really heard anything bout it, but i just love all of his books soo much, i doubt it will be different with 7th Tower

I have read all the old kingdom books and i have read mr monday ,grim tuesday and drowned wednesday but i like mr monday i started to lose intrest in grim tuesday about half way throught.

Yes, I felt the same about Grim Tuesday - it seemed like a re-hash of the first one, with nothing particularly original about it. I have bought the third, but it's languishing way down my TBR list.

Well I agree Garth is a pretty talented writer. I enjoyed his Old Knigdom series and his current Keys to the Kingdom series is quite impressive, which is saying somethinhg for a jaded veteran of fantasy like me....:D

Being an aussie, I've met Garth a few times and enjoyed chatting with him and I can tell you all he's a nice guy to boot!....:cool:

I've read Lirael, Sabriel and Abhorsen and liked them all. The book was surprising advanced to be marketed as a childrens' book. Sadly, I though that it was a bit of a rip off from Lord of The Rings. Despite the main charachter being a heroin, I was waiting for Gollum to try and steal a ring of some sort. Although, its still worth reading.

Back