• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Garth Stein: The Art Of Racing In The Rain

Mindcrime

Interesting book in that it is told by the family dog who is to be put to sleep in 24 hours. I'm not real good at reviews so I usually I just go by how the book made me feel. This book had a lot of heart, allot of emotion, and at times left me drained. It also made me hate a couple main characters and want to seek their demise or downfall, but I guess thats what a good book does. I did feel that there were a few to many metaphors throughout the book, and almost a feeling that the author made allot of attempts at telling us his favorite movies and TV shows and such, but the story over came these little nitpicks of mine. I knew nothing of the book or the author I just seen the book in the new release area and picked it up, and I'm glad I did, it's nice to read authors I have never heard of, and now I wouldn't mind checking out some others by this guy if anyone can recommend. All in all a good quick read.
The Art of racing in the Rain; Garth Stein

Mindcrime said:
I'm not real good at reviews
You did okay with this one. Sounds like a nice read.
---
I just checked online and it has plenty of positive reviews.

Back