• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Gary Brandner: The Howling II

st3v3

kickbox
I just read this book for a project and it was a really good werewold book. I haven't read the original Howling book but reading this one really makes me want to read it. If you like horror novels or werewolves I'd definately reccomend this book. It's only 284 pages so it's a quick read too.

I had no idea these movies were also books. Do you know if the were novelizations of the movie or was the movie base on the book?

Thanks,
Mike

Not sure. I had never heard of The Howling before my mom found "The Howling II" in a box somewhere and handed it to me. Is there a Howling II movie? The vid store I went to only had #1.

1 thing tho, in the book Karyn's husband is named Rob, and in the first movie his name was Ron or Roy. It might have been different but it certainly wasn't Rob.

Just the facts

Brandner's original novel The Howling was published in 1977. It was then adapted for the screen. Both novel and film remain generally well-respected, quirky examples of how the werewolf myth can be used as social satire.

To my knowledge, Brandner wrote only two sequels - whereas the film franchise continued well beyond number three. Critical and popular opinion is divided about these novels, but pretty much everyone agrees that the films were all terrible. (To be fair, the third film was only very tenuously based on its corresponding novel - even the title was different.)

Tobytook

hmm I guess Im going to have to look harder for the movies. And also look for the 3rd book. Really wanna see the second movie cuz Marcia gets pretty rowdy in the novel :D :D ;)

Back