• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings

Lincoln Rhyme

DO NOT READ THIS REVIEW IF YOU HAVE NOT READ A GAME OF THRONES

Plot Summary: A war is brewing, and a bastard sits upon the Iron Throne. Now people are picking up the title of "King" and seek to overthrow this bastard born of incest, and take their place as the Ruler of Westeros.

1. We have Renly Baratheon, a kind king, but childish in his antics.

2. The King in the North,Robb Stark, is fighting for vengeance, and has the youngest claim to the Iron Throne

3. The coldest of the kings is Stannis Baratheon. Stannis is stern faced, and evidently has the support of the "Lord of Light". Thanks to his witch Melisandre. He has the best claim to the throne, since he's the oldest, therefore he is entitled to it

4. Balon Greyjoy is Iron born. That means he believes in taking anything by force. The Greyjoy's were put down by the Starks years ago, and now Balon is looking to take back his crown that was once lost to him.

5. The young Khaleesi, Daenarys Targaryen, is determined to take back her fathers throne, which was taken from her by the current kings father. She has been on the run ever since, and plans to bring fire and blood to make her claim.

All these interesting chracters are told from the perspective of people near them, or who have part in their army. For example, Davos Seaworth tells Stannis' side of the story, while Catelyn Stark will tell of Robb Stark's side.

My opinion: Even though Eddard Stark(One of my favorite characters) was killed in the first book, I still have my favorite, Tyrion Lannister. Even the new POV characters, Davos Seaworth and Theon Greyjoy, present good replacements.

Especially Davos. He's probably my 2nd favorite character of the series so far. I would recommend this to political thriller lovers, moreso than fantasy people. The series tends to focus more on the political side of the story, and less on the fantasy side. (less)

Back