• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

getting angry?

honeydevil

what are books which made you angry, mad...? Who did you want to punch in the face just to land a nice kick a little more south? why did it effect you so much and what did the person do?

I got seriously pissed off when I was on the debate team in high school and had to read america's shadow, by william v. spanos. honestly, I don't think this guy wanted the person reading his book to know what he was saying. it was impossible to understand. I think he really just wanted to sound smart by writing in obscure postmodernist verbiage. anyway, I found out he works at binghamton university, so my teammates and I prank called him like thirty times in one day. I also found out he hates debaters using his ideas to win tournaments. hehe, the irony...

that has to suck...

Yesterday i got pissed of at the characters in my book, i read Maximum Ride, where 6 children grew up in a lab because they were 98 % human and 2 % bird, so they had wings and could fly, and i was really close to throw the book at the head of some whitecoat... But... i got a grip and punshed my pillow instead.. about 30 times...

The short story The Yellow Wallpaper by Gilman really pissed me off when I read it, but not in an immediate, I-need-to-punch-something kind of way. It was more of a deeper kind of feeling, stayed with me. It wasn't that I disagreed with what Gilman was trying to say, in fact it was the complete opposite. I got pissed off right along with her, I guess you could say.

Oh, yeah, characters in books torque me off all the time.

I'm such a nut crusher, but guys in novels always make me furious when they start acting pissy.

And shallow, turdly women work me up even more.

I shout at the books sometimes when I'm reading and get like this. It's kind of funny how it freaks my parakeet out lol.

I think I've mentioned this several times before but I really hated the romantic interest in 'A Farewell to Arms' by Hemingway because she was such a goose.
I wanted her to die but when she did it was only a short relief because the protagonist would just go on about how much he missed her for some reason.
A book has never affected me more than 'A Farewell to Arms' did.

Back