• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Going to start a subscription to Bloomberg Businessweek

Hugh

Publishers are practically giving print magazines away now. 26 weeks for $20. How can I refuse?

About a year and a half ago Barrons offered an introductory price of $52 for a year, (Barron's is a weekly too). So how could I refuse? When the year was up they wanted me to renew at the regular price, which was about $100 if I remember correctly, which I refused even after many offers. Then about a month ago they sent me another offer with "WELCOME BACK" on the front of the envelope and it was back at the "introductory" price of a year ago. How could I refuse? A practially free magazine delivered every Saturday.

I do wonder though, who will live longer, the printed magazine or me?

I think there is always going to be a demand for printed magazines: doctors' offices, airports, barbers/salons, etc.

What the? It's the middle of the night and I just posted this thread like ten minutes ago....

Bloomberg is a great news source, I can't say enough about their website. I would encourage everyone to check it out, especially if you want to learn more about business/economics.

Bloomberg News

In comparison to Newsweek, I love Businessweek a whole lot more. Has more pages, and filled with much more informative articles.

LOL, I had forgotten about this. I lost the offer, maybe threw it away by accident, and I never did subscribe. Surely another one will appear in my mailbox soon.

Back