• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Gold and daylight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

manuscriptx

Those are the first three words to chapter 3 of my book "121".
It's the first time I've decided to write since I finished chapter one "Old September " and most of chapter two " Save Me From My Comfort Zone "

- almost three years ago.

I've been on this long hiatus since the fourth page of chapter two mysteriously was erased from an old floppy disk I used to use to save raw and re-edited pages.

But I'm looking for suggestions. I need more words ( picturesque ) to describe yellow, gold, and the kind of off color tint that's part of the Mars' landscape.

( the planet in the solar system )

I'm guessing that " someone " was as unsuccessful as I will be.

Telling me to " move it to the appropriate section " is not a suggestion; parrot.

FYI

If a handicapped person in a wheelchair asked you for help would you tell them to "park that thing outside where it belongs"?

That's correct. She didn't suggest that you move the post - especially as she'd already moved it herself. The suggestion was that you post it to the correct section yourself next time.

Also, Mars is red, isn't it?

Telling me to " move it to the appropriate section " is not a suggestion; parrot.

FYI

If a handicapped person in a wheelchair asked you for help would you tell them to "park that thing outside where it belongs"?

It was not a suggestion. Seeing as you're a writer and all and much more of a native speaker of English than I am, you should know that I said "moved"; meaning that I moved the thread myself as you yourself aren't a moderator and therefore you can't move anything around here. If it were possible for you to move threads I would have said "move" instead.

Also, don't address me like that again.

Someone's acting a little high-minded.

Can't take a little criticism can't we?

Who exactly are you to tell me how to dialouge with someone?
I get it. This website is for writing and literature enthusiasts. There's a certain level of respect all members are expected to abide by. On the other hand; the website appreciates members keeping subject matter in appropriate areas.

What " forum " is this? It's called " Writer's Room ".

Is this forum supposed to contain writing material? Writing ideas? Writing text of stories?

Yes. But tell me Parrot; who's not abiding by that guidline?

" People Are Strange "
( no writing content, but there is a posted link which is against the rules )

" Finding Motivation "
( plenty of content but there is a posted link, which is against the rules )

" Any Songwriters Here "
( the subject of the discussion has more to do with musical lyrics; not writing )

I can go on and on and on; and in none of those threads do you post a particular warning/admonishment : Move it to the appropriate section.

Why the double standard with me Polly?

Aren't moderators supposed to be fair?

Or is that " subjective " as all things seem to be in modern life?

People are Strange - has been dealt with accordingly by Landslide.
Finding Motivation - the link is one for a picture, not a link for purchase which is what isn't allowed here.
Any Songwriters Here - is a query much like your own of someone who is asking for opinions, perhaps to help further his own efforts at writing song lyrics himself. This thread was probably moved when the two forums of Writer's Block and the one for samples (forgot its name) were merged.

This forum, Writers' Room, is meant for aspiring writers to post their samples as well as ask for suggestions from other members. The reason I moved your thread was that it was posted in the General Chat area which is not the place for writing-related queries and this is.

There is no double standard with you or anyone else. I gave you a warning for your behaviour in this particular thread as it was something that you had done before and have been warned about previously as well. Anyone with a similar track record would receive the same treatment.

I haven't posted any commentary about moving it to any section in those threads as I didn't move them anywhere. I posted it here for your information, that is all.

Now please play nice before I turn the warning into something more severe. Thank you.

Haha, you are really quite a bit Carlos-like. Are you seriously claiming to be a writer who has written three words and is asking for ideas?

1. If you are a writer, ideas like that come to you. If you outsource everything, I’m not sure what you are but a writer isn’t it.

2. I’ll bet that typing ‘gold’ or ‘yellow’ into Thesaurus.com | Find Synonyms and Antonyms of Words at Thesaurus.com could have answered a lot of your inquiries and saved some embarrassment.

3. You lost a single page from something and ditched the project for three years? That’s odd, in itself. :)

Quick suggestion: after you ask for advice or help, don’t become combative. That type stuff gets you banned, and definitely not helped. :)

Thumbs down.

Let me tell you something Parrot. This website is not the only place where I can post my writing content.

Case in point?

WriterX on HubPages

All of my same writing; with a better enhanced display of the words using an embedded pictoral background.

So.

If you don't mind? Keep your little idle threats in your back pocket where it belongs.

I have no qualms about making this the very last time I post anything and not give a miliseconds' thought about you or anyone else on this particular website.

As a member, I've always abided by the rules; yes regardless of what you so-called moderators define it as. I tell writers of content what I honestly think.
If their writing is garbage. That's what someone needs to hear.

If their writing is good. That's what someone needs to hear. If their writing needs a little tweaking and refinement to make the words " sound " better; that's what needs to be said.

I'm not going to kiss anyone's rear end. Particularly yours.

Try and remember that.

Better yet; use a black sharpie and write it across your forehead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back