• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Good Omens

Ell

Has anyone else both read the book and watched the adaptation of Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett’s “Good Omens” on AmazonPrime? It’s a six part series starring Michael Sheen and David Tennant. Neil Gaiman was both showrunner and writer so the show has remained very faithful to the book.

I loved the book and love the series! The series manages to retain the humour and zaniness of the source material while updating it to nearer present day.

I've heard of both book and series but never actually read or watched it. It's on one of my many, many lists.

I've heard of both book and series but never actually read or watched it. It's on one of my many, many lists.
I’d recommend both. Roughly, it’s about an angel and demon coming together to prevent the Apocalypse. Irreverent but not sacreligious. Funny and serious at the same time. The series was only recently released (May 31) but I’m already rewatching it. I love the droll British humour and the little one-liners that are easily missed on the first go round. The cast is also sublime. Besides Tennant and Sheen, there is Jon Hamm, Michael McKean, Miranda Richardson, Frances McDormand (as the voice of God), Adria Ardona, Jack Whitehall, Benedict Cumberbatch (as the voice of Satan), and many more familiar names if you watch much British tv.

Back