• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Good thriller/horror novel? Please help!

• Thread starter Deleted member 6550
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6550

Hi, I'm new to this site and I was wondering if somebody could help me.. I was wondering if anybody could recommend a good thriller/horror book, (lol preferably with twists and stuff like that). The reason I want help here is because, well, every book I've read thats genre was horror sucked. I couldn't even finish them. I kind of like the "who dunnit" thing..

mcilroga said:
Hi, I'm new to this site and I was wondering if somebody could help me.. I was wondering if anybody could recommend a good thriller/horror book, (lol preferably with twists and stuff like that). The reason I want help here is because, well, every book I've read thats genre was horror sucked. I couldn't even finish them. I kind of like the "who dunnit" thing..

Hi,
Have you read The Suspect ~ Michael Robotham

Try 'Intensity - Dean R Koontz' or 'Projection - Keith Ablow', they're both fast and gripping reads.

Prey by Michael Crichton is very thrilling

I haven't read it yet, but 'The Stand' is suppose to be a masterpiece by Stephen King.

For more help you might check out the genre forum "Horror" here.

DiscoDan said:
Prey by Michael Crichton is very thrilling

I haven't read it yet, but 'The Stand' is suppose to be a masterpiece by Stephen King.

For more help you might check out the genre forum "Horror" here.

Prey was good but it was WAAAYY too predictable. When the book ended, I thought I was psychic.

Have you already done the "classic" thirillers? I tend to enjoy them...they're usually short and you can blow through them in an hour over tea. My favorites are ...Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and The Turn of the Screw.

Crime and Punishment

I recommend Fyodor Dostoevsky, Crime and Punishment. Lots of turns, Murder with an axe handel, and a town who couldn't believe even when confessed.

Back