• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Grammar Bible

leckert said:
All the Wayans's could use a good beating.
I think they did when Jim Carey took over In Living Color and became the most successful of the bunch. What would you rather see, any Jim Carey movie, or I'm Gonna Get You Sucka! ?

Coincidentally, in reading On Writing by Stephen King (so far a very funny, on-the-money book), I came across his recommendation of Warriner's English Grammar and Composition, which may be out of print but should be widely available used.

Not a book familiar to me, but I might try to get hold of a copy just to have it.

Warriner's was a standard textbook for high school English in Stephen King's day. It doesn't necessarily work as a reference book; it's full of exercises as well as rules and advice, though the rules and advice are there.

A useful online site for those who want to learn about grammar is Daily Grammar. They no longer send out daily grammar tips, but they are all available online to read in the Lesson Archive.

Back