• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

grammy nominess for the album of the year

nwee

The list is :
Babel - Mumford and sons
channel orange - Frank Ocean
some nights - Fun.
el camino - Black Keys
blunderbus - jack white

That blunderbus is a good album is accepted. Black keys is not that bad, but I fancied their previous effort, brothers - not this one. "channel orange" has some good lyrics, but musically it is nothing much - I am at a loss to figure out why it has made so much noise. "Babel" is like one song with the same guitar work, tweaked for the rest of the album. "Some nights" suck with it's tiring, monotonous drum machines.

All in all, were these the best albums that came out this year ? Where is Fiona Apple (if you need experimenting to get to this five ) ? Where is Norah Jones ?

I guess I'd be showing my age if I said I've never heard of any of those bands.

I don't quite agree about "Babel". Yes, all the songs are in a similar vein, but that's the typical Mumfords style which I personally like very much.

Can't comment on the rest of them because I couldn't name a single song by any of these artists.

My own 2012 favourite beside "Babel" was "An Appointment with Mr. Yeats" by the Waterboys, but that was released before last year and therefore doesn't count here.

Back