• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Greetings from Wiltshire

Trickster

Hello all,

My 1st post, so thought it would only be polite to say hello.

Hope all on this site are well.

Am currently reading a bio on JFK, ( good, but heavy (800 pages) - wouldnt recommend it for toilet reading ! ) but in the last year have read books as diverse as Dean Koontz, Jonathoe Coe, Stephen Fry, Richard Branson, and Magnus Magnusson - All different, but all equally good.

Take care all,
Trickster
;)

As a non-newbie, welcome to the Boards, Trickster! You'll find us a friendly bunch of booklovers!

What genres do you like to read, and what are you reading just now?

Don't be a stranger!

Cheers, Martin :D

Hello Martin,

Nice to be welcomed.

Am currently reading a biography on John F Kennedy called "An Unfinished life 1917-1963" by Robert Dallek. (thankfully not one of the millions of conspiracy books, but actually a full life bio)

I read all sorts - last year, read a couple of Dean Koentz books, Jonathan Coe, Mark Billingham etc.
Seem to be reading a lot of history, and biography books at the mo (eg - Stephen Fry, Richard Branson, James Stewart).

How bout yourself ?

Trickster
:cool:

I'm mostly into modern fiction myself, and, if at all posible, a bit of satire, like Kurt Vonnegut, Tom Robbins, stuff like that.

Right now I'm reading the fiendishly funny 'I, Lucifer' by Glen Duncan.

So, tell me, who did kill him?

Cheers, Martin :D

Welcome Trickster :) Hope you enjoy the Forums!!

Plus, me and Martin promise to try and not hijack this welcome thread like we seem to do on everyone elses!! :p

Phil

I see im gonna have to keep one eye open - Watch out for the Hijackers - maybe we should introduce some book marshalls:D

Welcome Trickster.

Is the Branson book you've read that critical biography that he tried to stop getting printed. By Tom someone or other I think?

Hi David.
Nope, the one I read is strait from the horses mouth, called "losing my virginity", by Mr Branson himself.
I was a bit duboious going in, you know, here's a book about business......but, i have to say i really enjoyed it.
I know its biased, but my opinion of Mr Branson has risen up quite a few notches.
Well worth the read ;)

Back