• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Greetings readers!

Puffinpol

Hi, I'm really looking forward to bookchat with other avid readers.
I used to work in publishing, am now a primary school teacher (in a special school mainly for dyslexic children).
I have many favourite authors and genres of literature - crime, children's, family-life (although I think that can be tricky to get 'right').
I have 4 of my own children, 3 of them teenagers. They are keen too and I read books they've recommended, so books that I might not have chosen on my own.
Looking forward to reading your posts.:)

Howdy!

Have your children ever recommended something that you just could not stand?

I read a few Darren Shan - loved Cirque de Freak but the next few less so so haven't finished the series. The same with Robert Muchamore. I think both authors are responsible for my boys moving onto 'grown up' books and for that I am very grateful.
I'm not as keen on Alex Rider as I am on The Diamond Brothers which I think are just hilarious. But again it's great that there are authors currently writing who are so popular. We recently had a Children's Literature festival here and we went to a few events - huge venues, packed out.
I have tried, in vain, to get mine to read Watership Down. 'It's not about rabbits, really,' I say - but they don't believe me.
(None of us could get into Philip Pullman; they've given up but I will try again.)

Greetings Fellow Readers

Greetings,

I hope all is well with you and yours. I wanted to take the time to briefly introduce myself. I am an avid reader of some genres and some of my favorite authors are E.Ethelbert Miller, Eloise Greenfield, Sylvia Dianne Beverly "Ladi Di", Kwame Alexander, Joy Alford "Sistah Joy", Billye Okera, Dolores Kendrick, Nataki Suggs, Angeline Bandon-Bibum, Vickie M.Oliver-Lawson, Maya Angelou, Langston Hughes, Gwendolyn Brooks, Zora Neala Hurston, Sarah Browning, and Judine B.Slaughter.

I am currently reading a number of books. I mainly enjoy reading poetry and children short stories.

Thank you for your time.

Cordially,
Afrika Midnight Asha Abney

I am bindu, new member of this site. My hoby is reading books. All the books are available in this site.It makes me very helpful to read books

Back