• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Greetings!

EnderSSoGC

kickbox
Earthlings. :D

Ahem...couldn't resist.

Anywho, I'm Gina. But, everyone usually just calls me Ender. Yes, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. Next to helping animals, reading is one of greatest passions. I'm the only kid I know to ever get in trouble for reading too much in elementary school. I probably do read too much. I like fantasy mostly. But, I'll read almost anything. My favorite authors are Chuck Palahniuk, Stephen King, Philip Pullman, Anne Rice, and J.K. Rowling. Right now I'm reading The Picture of Dorian Grey. It's the first book I've ever read by Wilde and so far I absolutely love it. I look forward to many great discussions on these boards. :)

Welcome Ender! I'm new also - but i'll still say welcome!
Hope you enjoy it around here.. so far it's been great - many great discussions of all genre's so enjoy!

I'm yet to try a fantasy novel - would you recommend any to start with?

Welcome to the book forum Ender! :D I notice your Location says KY, What state is that? I'm thinking Kentucky ;)

Well, I've read so many...yikes...umm have you read Harry Potter? I also reccomend the His Dark Materials triology by Philip Pullman. Aslo, right now I'm dying to read the rest of the A Song of Ice and Fire Trilogy by George R.R. Martin. I read the first one, A Game of Thrones, a few years ago and cannot find the second one anywhere. The library has the 3rd and 4th ones though. Grr. The first one was amazing and I need to read the rest! You could also try Inkheart by Cornelia Funke. The movie is coming out next year and I'm really excited to see it. Umm..okay...I'll stop. :)

Ooo...and yes, unfortunately, I'm from Kentucky.

I loved the Ender's Shadow books a lot. But, I read the second book in the Ender's Game series and I got so mad I didn't want to read the rest of them.

Hi there and welcome!

Another GRRM fan, Good to see, Perhaps Santa can help you find the second book, I hear he uses Ebay:) The series gets better and better and is well worth the read imo.

Back