• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Greetings

lujan

Hi,

I am 21 from Sydney, Australia, I like reading technothrillers, sci-fi/fantasy & some mystery novels, Some of my favourite authors in no particular order are

Tom Clancy,
Desmond Bagley,
Martin Cruz Smith,
Michael Marshal Smith,
John Sandford,
Dale Brown,
Janny Wurts,
Alan Furst &
Robert Heinlen.

I am currently unemployed but am a well experienced Unix Systems Administrator, so I love computers and geeky things too.

traffic lights?

geeky things? sci fi?!! why, you're gonna fit right in!! we're all geeky, into sci fi and bright lights. you know, thats what were all about. say, you wouldn;t be into the movie deliverance, would ya? well if you were then i'd just be *flabbergasted* -B

does anyone notice that *flabbergasted* sounds like a cross between flabber (like blubber) gas-ted (like gas)? its really quite interesting to the bored human brain how blubber and gas could be brought together in such a *creative* way. now to study that paint drying on the wall over there....

I havent Seen the movie deliverance, however I did just watch a movie called BLackjack with Michael Dudikoff (american Ninja) which I highly recommend you avoid at all costs.

Welcome lujan.

I've read some Tom Clancy - Hunt for Red October, and another one I can't remember the name of :( I read one of Dale Brown's but wasn't as keen.

My other hobby is computing and I'm self-taught in HTML and PHP/MySQL (hence the site). Don't know much Unix, except when I have to mess around with the server.

Darren

hilarious hillbillies

well if you ever see the movie, fast forward to the part to the two crazy hillbillies who hold the men hostage. -B

and I bet you'd never have guessed that I have never seen that movie in my whole life. :p

well, its just common knowledge that hillbillies kidnapp some poor american. I haave NO IDEA how deliverence became so popular. watch it, and youll understand my confusion....if thats even possible.

Hi Lujan! :)

Robert Heinlen is the one author on your list that I am somewhat familiar with. Someone recommended the book The Door Into Summer since I was interested in cats and time travel. And I recently just bought The Cat Who Walks Through Walls but not sure when I'll get around to reading it.

Darren - yer, I work on a php/mysql site or two myself, its a bitch :)

Dale brown isn't particularly fantastic, some of his work just grabbed me, not much of it though.

Gracewings - My favourite Heinlen is "Job"

Re: traffic lights?

Originally posted by bebe
we're all geeky,
speak fer urself:p ;):cool: lolllll

welcome aboard lujan!
sit down, relax, grab a book and when you're done.. tell us about it:D

um...i was

ok well sorry if we had a little *misunderstanding* here, but geez, i'd be a bit of an a-hole to call everyone geeky except for myslef, now wouldn't I? :rolleyes: please, im not that mean! -B

Back