• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Gregory Maguire: Wicked

I am currently in the process of reading Wicked. While I agree with some of the previous posts about not enjoying the politics of the book, I have found it hard to put the book down. Any free time I have I find myself reaching for this book. I am looking forward to reading Son Of A Witch and then Maguires new book this fall A Lion Among Men

Gregory Maguire-Wicked

I read this a bit more than a year ago and had mixed feelings about it, I felt that the way the author covered the issues addressed in the book was... a bit heavy handed at times.

That being said I liked the general theme and since I have never heard anyone discussing this book I figured I would make a thread (if there already has been one I apologize).

I think I finished this one about two years ago...and thought it was good...but not great. I am, however, looking forward to reading the other books by Gregory Maguire...as I sort of like his style, and don't want to give up on him after only one book. I think Son of a Witch is next, and then I'll probably read the one about the stepsister.

Back