• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Gregory Maguire

scullyx101

i'm contemplating reading some of his books because i've been really into fairy tales lately, although i've heard that wicked is rather slow and hard to get into. i'm just wondering if anyone else thought this or if any of his other books are better, which one should i start with, if it's even worth it, etc. any help would be much appreciated.

I read Wicked a long time ago and enjoyed it. I'm planning on re-reading soon as I'm hoping to get tickets to the musical for my birthday. I haven't read any of the others in that "series" though.

I have, however, read Lost. It was aptly named as I was lost throughout the entire book and after finishing it I felt I had lost $15 and three days worth of reading time. I'm gonna suggest not bothering with that one.

Try Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister. It's pretty good, especially if you liked Girl with a Pearl Earring.

I read Wicked and found it slow and hard to get into. I really didn't want it to that in depth into the politics and religion of Oz. That really ruined it for me. The only reason I finished it was because I was reading it for a book club. Out of the 8 people in our book club only 2 of us were able to make it to the end.

I read Mirror Mirror (just last week, in fact) and enjoyed it, although I thought the characters were a bit underdeveloped. The plot was a bit thin in some places too, but when you're working within the constraints of Snow White, I guess that's to be expected!

Back