• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

[Gulp] American Idol?

direstraits

How many of you are watching this? Now comes the good part after the sometimes torturing audition scenes are gone and all the wannabes who can't sing have been sent home. :)

I'm not a fanboy, just wanted to talk to others among us serious book lovers who watch this show when they have the time.

Now I don't want to hear anything else but your full support for Carrie!!! Go Carrie!! [jumping like a silly sod, but manage to trip myself on the way down]
Ouch. Yeah!!! Carrie!

ds

direstraits said:
How many of you are watching this? Now comes the good part after the sometimes torturing audition scenes are gone and all the wannabes who can't sing have been sent home. :)

I'm not a fanboy, just wanted to talk to others among us serious book lovers who watch this show when they have the time.

Now I don't want to hear anything else but your full support for Carrie!!! Go Carrie!! [jumping like a silly sod, but manage to trip myself on the way down]
Ouch. Yeah!!! Carrie!

ds

Aw, the wannabes that can't sing are the best bit! Especially the ones who really think they are amazing and get shot down in flames. Gets boring after that :p

I'm watching Norwegian Idol, because I have a favourite there, and I'm telling you, no one has the same voice as he has. He better win, since the rest sounds like the same.
Go Alejandro! :D

mojo said:
Aw, the wannabes that can't sing are the best bit! Especially the ones who really think they are amazing and get shot down in flames. Gets boring after that :p

Ditto - I generally stop watching after that; then I start again when it's down to the final ten. :D

:D A big Starcraft fan. :D

Except I couldn't finish the expansion pack (Brood War). I kept getting stuck on the second last level (
heul.gif
), so eventually I gave up. :rolleyes:

mojo said:

i feel the same way.

Whew, the Anwar chap is really something. Best rendition of It's a Beautiful World that I've heard of.

ds

Yeah, that show loses me after the general auditions. It's a shame that so many talentless people are doing it just for the TV time. I love the ones that really appear to think they are god's gift to music, and then stink the place up.

March 8, 2005 (Tues.) episode

I've been watching (I find it quite addictive & it's a show I can talk about with my mother - she doesn't watch a lot of TV, but she enjoys this and Desperate Housewives).

On Tues. Amanda Avila (the really pretty brunette) started the night. Did anyone notice that she was tapping her microphone with the beat of the song and it made this loud THUMP THUMP THUMP? It was so annoying. I'm glad she's not in the top 12.

Constantine is my fave.

I didn't notice this thumping noise... and I did enjoy her song. I was surprised that she was kicked out, frankly.

Have you seen the forums in idolonfox.com? Absolute mayhem, that place! Not a place to hold a reasoned, even-tempered debate. :D

ds

Yes, I did hear that obnoxious thumping. It made her appear to me like she was nervous and not sure of what to do on stage. But I am a huge fan of American Idol! I get hooked on it every year, but I did miss most of the first year, I saw maybe the last three weeks of it...I had no idea that it was even on until one of my friends told me about it! Glad I found it though! I love Nikko, Constantine, and Carrie! Oh, and Mikalah needs to go home! (Sorry to the Mikalah fans out there)

Back