• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Gumbo Secrets

cajunmama said:
Novella- your gumbo sounds fantastic!

Leck- andouille is a type of well seasoned smoked sausage

Sounds good! (anything that starts with "well seasoned" and ends with "sausage" has got to be good!)

Glad to see you posting, CM. Hope the storm passes you by.

wow, that is a great looking Gumbo recipe cajunmama. I would love to try it but my wife does not like gumbo. Guess I am out of luck. :(

I have a very good Brunswick Stew recipe, Virginia Style. My wife does like "my" Brunswick Stew. :)

muggle said:
wow, that is a great looking Gumbo recipe cajunmama. I would love to try it but my wife does not like gumbo. Guess I am out of luck. :(

Why not make it for yourself and freeze it in small containers. Then take it to work once a week for a few months. I do that sometimes with Chowder.

mehastings said:
Why not make it for yourself and freeze it in small containers. Then take it to work once a week for a few months. I do that sometimes with Chowder.
Gumbo freezes very well, just add the rice when you are ready to eat.

mehastings said:
cajunmama said:
Gumbo freezes very well, just add the rice when you are ready to eat.
Now, why didn't I think of that. Guess it is because I am a muggle. :)

muggle said:
Now, why didn't I think of that. Guess it is because I am a muggle. :)

Most people wouldn't. My favorite foods are fish and shellfish. My brother and boyfriend are both allergic to shellfish. So, I've been living with a person who can't eat my favorite foods since I was three. I've been doing this for as long as I've been cooking. It works very well with soupy things. You can get those tiny sized gladware containers cheap at the market and they stack well in the freezer.

Back