• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Guy Gavriel Kay - The Fionavar Tapestry

ds - what can I say? A magnificent rendering. I'm sure his people will be contacting you shortly. :D

ions- TIGANA! Like Kook said, it's starts a little bit slow but just builds from there. Can't recommend it enough!

Is Tigana available in the smaller size paper back or only the what i call mid size paper back that usually cost around $15 instead of the smaller paper backs that cost $7 or $8. I finally saw it in the book store but wanted it in the smaller version if that is available?

Spineshank said:
Is Tigana available in the smaller size paper back or only the what i call mid size paper back that usually cost around $15 instead of the smaller paper backs that cost $7 or $8. I finally saw it in the book store but wanted it in the smaller version if that is available?
I found it in the smaller size at a used book store but it looks like now they've released a 10th anniversary version that is the trade paperback (what you called the mid size). Amazon has it for $12 here or you could go hunting at some used bookstores.

Smaller format paperback are known as 'Mass Market' paperback. The mid size paperbacks are known as 'Trade' paperbacks. Mass is almost always cheaper. The version I just bought I got at a store, not online, and is the mass market printing. The ISBN is: 0143051490. This printing is available at Chapters.ca. Amazon does not appear to have it.

Thanks for that explaination i didnt really know that, anyway all i ever find is the trade paperback everywhere and i would really just like the mass paperback since i hate how big and clunky the trade paperbacks are, oh yeah and its cheaper for the same book. Guese ill keep looking since there are some out there somewhere, and is that chapters place a store or online store i cant seem to get the website to come up. Thanks though.

ions said:
http://www.chapters.ca

That should work. I have no idea if Americans can even order from Chapters and have books shipped to the states. But Tigana in mass market paperback is available from them.
Might be solely a Canadian release, though - after all Kay is Canadian. Just a thought if it proves difficult to find elsewhere...

Yeah Kook I agree, it may only be a Canadian release. Only one price is listed on the back. If it were printed for the US there would be a price for the US market and then the Canadian price. That happens often with Canadian authors. Occasionally it can happen with other books such as the latest Potter which was printed by Raincoast on 100% recycled paper. Also, I know most Atwoods printings we get are specifically for us.

Earlier today when I saw that Spineshank had difficulty getting to Chapters I asked someone to try the link in an IRC channel. Make sure that I wasn't the only one the link worked for. Somebody tried the link for me and said it worked, then added: "Awesome book! My favourite fantasy book!". I assumed that this person was Canadian because they knew of the work, I often make this assumption about Canadian talent, but it turns out they were Norwegian. This has been the fifth or sixth time outside of this forum that Tigana has been recommended to me. Kismet?

ions said:
This has been the fifth or sixth time outside of this forum that Tigana has been recommended to me. Kismet?
Actually, no. It was all me. The IRC channel? Me. The email you got? It was my elite IT skills that spoofed that email that got sent to you. The other forums? Ditto.

Sorry, but I had to be sure you read it.

:D :D :D

ds

You must also be a talented shapeshifter. :D It's because of all this attention I am tempted to move Tigana ahead of Foucault's Pendulum. But I will not. Eco more than deserves his due.

Back