• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Happy April Fools Day - Ya Big Bunch o' Fools

calvin.jpg

Can't wait to read the paper tomorrow to see how many fell for the Gothenburg Post's April fool's joke!

You see, in Sweden, there's a chain of government stores ("Systemet") which are the only ones who can sell alcoholic beverages. They have regulated prices. In the paper this morning, it said that one of their stores would sell alcohol at continental prices - almost half the usual prices. I almost fell for it! I just feel sorry for the poor people working at Systemet who'd have to put up with people, probably, all day wanting to buy cheap booze. I hope the paper apologizes to the store - when it comes to cheap beer, people aren't so humorous? :rolleyes:

Well, in Sweden it's traditional for papers and tv news to include april-fools-jokes. Do other countries do this as well?

steffee said:
Do April Fool's jokes still exist then? Wow.

Oh my gosh, steffe! About a half dozen clicks into TMP I ran across your snake tattoo (or was that a dragon?) Anyways -- Happy April 1st, you jokers!

Oh! I just thought of the ONE person I can send that to. :D

Back soon.

I'll bet I'm most definitely not the last either, judging by the amount of mentions it's had lol

It was a classic Steffee we'll always remember it :) I hope everyone got to have a little April fools day fun today:D

I was going to pretend to quit this morning, "a GREAT opportunity came up that I just can't refuse... it's been great working here... etc., blah blah" but by the time I made it in I lost the gumption. Nice thought, though.

So, I have realized that I really do love this holiday, but I really suck at pranks. I even had a very believable prank, but nobody believed that is was real. But, if anyone pulls a prank on me, I believe them, because I am completely gullible! It kinda stinks. :(

there is a hilarious video of a massive april fools prank at grand central station
200 people all stopping dead in their tracks. Everyone elses reactions are priceless!
If I had 15 posts I could drop the link.

Back