• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Happy First Day of Summer - Officially

Motokid

Today is the official First Day Of Summer for those of us in the Northern Hemispheres....

Hope you all have great weather, and a great day....

to borrow from the little green ever walking bobble head over 7000 posts dude .....

CHEERS !!!!!!

It's still incredibly hot over here, but slightly less incredibly hot than it was yesterday. I've mopped up my brain and poured it back into my ear, so perhaps it'll stay put, today.

Cheers, my man.

when the alarm went off this morning the dj announced it was the first day of summer, and i thought, i will believe it when i see it. but today is shaping up and is sunny and clear with a forcast of 27.yesterday i bought the kids a spiderman slip and slide so after lunch i am kicking all six outside.

For the last 4 days or so the weather here has been sweet. No need for a/c and low humidity. An extremely nice break after the 11 straight days of intense heat and humidity.

Forecast calls for slow but steady increase in temps again starting today and lasting into the weekend. May need the a/c again by Saturday.

nope it has been cold. see your breathe at night cold. the last ball game i was freezing. other parts of canada are getting summer heat, but not us. it will come though and then i will be bitching about the humidity. fickle huh?

By the way...will somebody near and dear hit 2000 today????

She was around a bit earlier...posted 1998 and 1999 but then vanished...leaving us wondering when the ticker will click once more?

Is she planning a big surprise, or will her 2000th just be a simple little post as if nothing's different from post number 1853 or something like that?

Martin said:
I never 'got' humidity. To me, hot is hot. Period.

Cheers

HUGE HUGE MAJOR part of summer where I live...there's dry heat, and wet heat....wet heat is much more oppressive and hard to deal with... thick heat...consuming heat...instant sweat....humidity sucks....

Motokid said:
By the way...will somebody near and dear hit 2000 today????

She was around a bit earlier...posted 1998 and 1999 but then vanished...leaving us wondering when the ticker will click once more?

Is she planning a big surprise, or will her 2000th just be a simple little post as if nothing's different from post number 1853 or something like that?

i noticed that too. she snuck in a little bit about trailers and then left at 1999. will she post 2000 in general chat or will it be a book post? either way we will drag her into some foolish online party. :D

jenngorham said:
i noticed that too. she snuck in a little bit about trailers and then left at 1999. will she post 2000 in general chat or will it be a book post? either way we will drag her into some foolish online party. :D

I think it'll either be a Writers Showcase piece....or she'll make like it's nothing special and try to sneak it past us....

Motokid said:
HUGE HUGE MAJOR part of summer where I live...there's dry heat, and wet heat....wet heat is much more oppressive and hard to deal with... thick heat...consuming heat...instant sweat....humidity sucks....
Hmm, I'm not a big sweater. Nor a large pair of trousers.

2000? Schmoo schmousand!

Cheers

Martin said:
I never 'got' humidity. To me, hot is hot. Period.

Cheers

humidity is when you go swimming and there is no relief. you blow dry your hair and steam comes from the dryer. clothes never dry out . bread and fruit mildew in minutes. you are never thirsty, you can drink the air. your yard takes on a jungle like madness to grow, you can hear plants stretching, but the earth sends up this overwhelming smell of soil, rot,and compost. people stop waving and saying hello, it's just too hard. deoderant is a joke. people start bragging about the power of their dehumidifiers which suddenly disappear from store shelves:you have to know somebody who knows somebody to get on a list for one.

give me a dry heat anyday.

Motokid said:
Today is the official First Day Of Summer for those of us in the Northern Hemispheres....

Hope you all have great weather, and a great day....

to borrow from the little green ever walking bobble head over 7000 posts dude .....

CHEERS !!!!!!

Moto, as usual, you miss the point! :D

Today is the Summer Solstice -- a celebration of full, ripe femaleness.

So I briefly snuck into this hostile terrain to wish the ladies of TBF a Happy Summer Solstice. Get in touch with your own inner goddesses and enjoy the passion and ecstasy this day represents.

Irene Wilde said:
So I briefly snuck into this hostile terrain to wish the ladies of TBF a Happy Summer Solstice. Get in touch with your own inner goddesses and enjoy the passion and ecstasy this day represents.

Thanks Irene, I think I may strip off & go dance around Stongehenge to acknowledge the godess inside me lol

Irene Wilde said:
Moto, as usual, you miss the point! :D

Today is the Summer Solstice -- a celebration of full, ripe femaleness.

aaah you sneak. well happy summer solstice to you.

Sar said:
Thanks Irene, I think I may strip off & go dance around Stongehenge to acknowledge the godess inside me lol
People do ;) It's the only time they are allowed within the boundaries (you have to be a Pagan though).

It's been so hot here the last couple of days - i'm seriously thinking of buying an Air Con unit :rolleyes: Failing that one of those fans which have coolers incorporated. Took the dogs for a walk at midnight last night (as they have to stay in the house from 8am - 9pm) and was walking around in a t-shirt.

Heat. Gosh. Humidity. Pfui.
We have second day of rain with powerful wind and temperatures around +10C. Solstice or what, I hate this weather.
My Baldinini shoes are wet as a river bed. I will have to check for frogs there.
The only thing it is good for - is sitting in the office - nothing invite you outdoors...

Ice said:
People do ;) It's the only time they are allowed within the boundaries (you have to be a Pagan though)

Exactly! I wasn't being sarcastic at Irene, though I hate to think of getting sunburnt whilst doing such a thing :eek:

I can't believe I'd forgotten the true meaning of today

Blessed Be & Merry Meet Irene Wilde......I love the Pagan stuff....bring it on...way more intriquing than Christianity...but then we can't go getting religious in here so I'll accept your post with joy....

Unfortunately, it also means that today is the longest in terms of daylight and that starting tomorrow the darkness will start creeping in on us in tiny increments again until one day we notice that "Hey, not too long ago it was still light out right about now..."

Enjoy it....

thanks irene...

oh and i love it when you can go out in the night and you don't have to put on a sweater, but right now i'm enjoying airconditioning while my sunburn peeles... :(

Back