• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Harlan Coben

After I read his book, I emailed him to tell him how much I enjoyed his book and he actually emailed me back a nice note. In the email he gave me his MySpace information to keep up to date but I rarely go to MySpace now.

In December, 2008, he and Lee Child were doing a book signing together in NYC and my niece and I were planning on going but the weather didn't cooperate, as I recall and my niece backed down on going with me. I missed an opportunity that I'm sure I'll regret forever; both of them being favorites of mine.

Almost finished 'Tell No One'. This is the first HC book I've read and I am not that impressed so far.

I don't like the way he starts the book in the first person and every second chapter or so, changes to third person and then back to first again.

I like books written in the first person; you can get more involved with the character and from the authors point of view they are harder to write. But to switch from first to third is a bit of a cop-out from the author and does seems to make the story a bit to jerky, as though you are reading a movie script............but then maybe thats the idea since 'Tell No One' has been make into a movie. :rolleyes:

I agree with this statement. I'm a little over two hundred pages in out of 330 and have to say that I've been disappointed. I've only picked him up because of the hype surrounding him. I will finish Tell No One and try one more of his book so hopefully his other one will be better than this stand alone.

I was hooked with the first Harlan Coben book I read. Tell No One kept me guessing to the last page. Then I worked my way into the Myron Bolitar books and loved them for their humor. He quickly became my favorite mystery writer.

Back