• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Harlan Coben

I LOVE Harlan Coben! I've got everything he's written. I think he's a fantastic writer. I like his stand alone books but I love the Myron Bolitar and Win series! I am waiting for another one to be published.

I've only read one or two of Harlan Coben's books but I did enjoy them. I don't know, he's just not an author I always want to pick up.

I've only read one book by him, No Second Chance. I don't usually read much in this genre, but I found the book enjoyable. It did get a bit predictable though, because towards the end even I had worked out who the bad guy was, and I never usually manage to do this! I'm not really bothered about reading any more of his, but I think that's more to do with the genre rather than anything to do with his writing.

Yep, he did. Those are one of his off-shoot, stand alone books. His series books are much better than his stand alone ones.

A couple of months ago I actually read one of his books (innocent) and was really impressed. The start of it had me hooked right away, and I think if I get the chance I'll be reading his other books.

I have heard a lot of good things about Harlan Coben. I was lucky enough to pick up 3 hardbacks of his at a boot sale for only £1 each!!! Looking forward to read them at some point!

Wabbit - you lucky lucky person!!! I end up paying lots for a majority of books because of where I am. The used book shops always have the exact same books, although occasionally, I'll find a gem. Enjoy the books and let me know what you think.

I haven't read any of his books yet, but I hear so much about him I want to start reading them :) What's the best book to begin with?

Geenh said:
Wabbit - you lucky lucky person!!! I end up paying lots for a majority of books because of where I am. The used book shops always have the exact same books, although occasionally, I'll find a gem. Enjoy the books and let me know what you think.

I know, I got really lucky that time :) I will let you know what I think of them!

I'm sure that I will too. They sound exciting reads.

I have: Tell No One, The Final Detail, One False Move, No Second Chance.

Wabbit, i have read all of the novels you baught! Of those ones, you should read 'no second change' and perhaps 'the final detail' after.

belphoebe, read Gone for Good, first. I went to one of Harlans signings and he said that was his favourite novel, so I read it and it is my favourire as well. Incredible!

God, i love that man.

lani

I like him too, but he owes me dinner: On my birthday last year I was reading "Gone for Good" and nearly done, and I was so caught up in the story that I had to cancel my birthday dinner date because I could not tear myself away. Be warned!

wow that's good! Looks like I will have to read it soon since everybody seems of the opinion he is damn fine.

Thanks for the warning. I think you should write to Mr Coben to either take you out to dinner or pay you some cash compensation!

Well, I actually did email him and let him know the story - his email address was on the flyleaf of the book, if I recall. And while he didn't buy me dinner, he did send a personal reply that was pretty funny, and we emailed back and forth for a short while. Seems like a very nice man, and missing a dinner is definitely not going to do me any harm - in fact, it would be good if he published about 10 books at once so that I could miss several in a row!

He's not what I'd call a deep or sophisticated author, but his books are great if you're just reading for pleasure. I'm not a TV watcher, so books like this are sort of the equivalent of television for me. I've read several of his books and never yet been disappointed.

:)

Back