• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Harry dies not spoiler just speculation

Dermotjpr

Hey does anyone think he will die in the last book i think it is essential so she can properly destroy the idea of more HP books. :(

i don't know, you might have a situation similar to misery if rowling did that. people would go mental.

The best way for Rowling to put a period to going beyond the seven books is to write a compelling book about something else. She can do it. Many writers have been able to get beyond big success early in their careers, altho there are cases in the other direction as well. And maybe she can just rest on her laurels ... But Harry doesn't >have< to die. What she needs to do is provide the kind of coda that Tolkien put on LOTR, with lived happily ever after fairly clear.

In one interview, she said the way that the 7th book will end, will leave no reason for another book. This could me an epilogue that will tell everyone's future and than have Oberon's happily ever after. Any ideas where people will end up?

claire29 said:
I think they should end up teachers at Hogwarts-with Harry Potter as headmaster.
Then she would have to write a sequel she said herslef before the release of ootp that he would die. Even if wat she said was vague she still said it

Hermione will prob be involved in muggle relations as the last book will somehow involve a war between wizard+muggle against voldy and the deatheaters and it will result in many deaths including harrys and voldys.i also think scrimgeor will die and a weasley will become minister mayby ron.
If harry has to duel with voldy there wands will not work so harry will use something else to kill him.

Or maybe Harry will come to realize that in order for him to kill Voldermort, he must also sacrifice himself...maybe that is the only way the wands will allow each other to do that, if both wand owners/dulers have the same outcome.

I think that Harry will end having to kill himself to truly be rid of Voldemort. It has been said in the books that Voldemort had inadvertantly given some of his powers (i.e. parseltongue) to Harry. That these two are somehow connected. So perhaps, to be rid of all of Voldy he will self sacrifice after killing off Voldy. I also think Neville will end up to be very important in some manner, that kid deserves a break.

What if Harry himself is one of the Horcruxes mentioned in book 6?

well i thought that but i dont think either himself or voldy are aware of it.
plus is the killing curse not related with the creation of horcruxs we yet do not know how they are created

I'm liking the idea of Harry sacrificing himself in order to destroy Voldemort - it somehow seems appropriate that he dies, but it would upset too many people if Voldemort did it and it served no real purpose. Or perhaps Harry will be killed and Ron manages to kill Voldemort? It could at last be Ron's time to shine :confused:

Dermotjpr-The way I read it was that Dumbledore said it wasn't a "have to" as such but more like it was what Voldermort believed so that was the only way things could actually work out?

Maybe something could happen in the next book that changes that. Love seems to be a major factor in defeating Voldermort because he doesn't realise the power it has-so maybe the relationships between Harry-Hermoine-Ron-Ginny come into play. Maybe relationships will be tested and if they succeed Voldermort will be destroyed-which brings me to Snape coz he is one person Harry doesn't trust. Maybe in order to survive/defeat Voldermort Harry has to put his faith into Snape????!!!!!

We will have to wait and see!

I think that you may be onto something with that Snape thing - that would be the biggest challenge that Harry has faced as of yet.

I like the Ron theory but i see it in a different light, it would be somewhat like Beowulf (random topic to bring up but I am reading it for school so it is perfectly logical to me right now), in order for the hero to kill the beast in the end, he needs asistance from one of his followers. Ron (Wiglaf) would injury or distract Voldermort (the dragon) allowing Harry (Beowulf) whom is possibly already hurt to kill Voldermort, but killing himself in the process.

Sorry I'm not blanking out this response to someone's Spoiler, but there'd be nothing else to read. The thread already warns about such things ...

The idea of Harry as a horcrux is definitely plausible and very fatal to surviving the last book, no question. There is a logic to it as people have hinted at, including the answer to "What is the Gryfyndor horcrux?" But there's one mighty big flaw: why on earth would V want Harry dead? I suppose that's a reason why he's made a prohibition on anyone else killing Harry ... but I rather doubt the whole idea that a person can be a horcrux ...

Well, If Voldy has 5 other horcruxes then killing off one of them would be no big deal. Though I do agree that it makes more sense for Harry not be one considering Voldy wanting to kill him. Voldy wants to kill him because he is the one predicted to kill him.

However, if the prophecy came true, Voldy could be assured that at least the same person who could him would then be responsible for bringing him back. Maybe he never made him one on purpose, but it was accidentally done during the original curse?

It was just something I thought would be interesting, a person as a Horcrux. Either way, I think Harry will die in some valiant and self sacrificing manner. This is just an idea that sounded good to me.

I think it would be unfair to kill off Harry. After all he is the boy who lived. Dont want him to be he is the boy who lived but died at the end with 'he who must not be named'. Plus Harry is ment to be 17/18? Why kill off a young child in a book, he has his whole life ahead of him! :(

I dont think that is is correct to assume anything. there are equal reasons for Harry's Death or Survival. From memory, the prophecy said one must kill the other, so it is possible if; Harry Dies, VM lives; VM dies, harry lives or they both die. Nothing can be predicted or assumed.

Back