• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Harry Potter and the final battle

carne

Harry Potter and the Final Battle

The inhabitants of number four Privet drive stared out of their frost covered windows. Among them was seventeen year old Harry Potter. Harry walked away from the window as he saw a tall lanky red headed man walk down the street A few days before Mr. Weasley had sent an owl to harry saying that he would pick Harry up on the morning of his seventeenth birthday. Harry lugged his trunk filled, not with schoolbooks but with some spell books he might need, his muggle clothes and his robes, in his pocket he carried his two most helpful aids in rule breaking, his fathers old invisibility cloak and the marauders map. And under his arm he carried his most prized possession, his Firebolt. And in that hand he held Hedwigs cage
As Harry neared the bottom of the stairs he found himself face to face with Mr Weasley. “Hello Harry” Mr Weasley said. “ Hello Mr Weasley’ Harry replied. “Your aunt and uncle are in the lounge room” “Thanks” Harry replied.
“What do you want boy?” Uncle Vernon growled as Harry walked into the room. “ Well, today is my seventeenth birthday” Harry said. As usual the Dursleys showed no sign of happiness for him. “And from now on I no longer have to come back to you on school holidays.” Harry continued. “ It..it is” Aunt Petunia stuttered. “ Yes” Harry replied. “I guess ill be going now” he muttered as he left the room. “Im ready now” he said to Mr Weasley as he came back into the hallway. Mr Weasley turned on his heel and walked out the door.
“I think we’ll apparate” Mr Weasley said, taking Harry’s trunk from him. “Its fastest” “Okay” Harry replied nervously. Seeing as Harry had only learned to apparate last year at Hogwarts he had a good reason to be nervous. “Okay Harry on three” “One..Two..three” Harry twisted to his right and felt the now all too familiar sensation of being squeezed through a mouse sized tube. Harry gasped for breath as he saw the burrow materialize before his eyes. Mr Weasley pulled Harry towards the door. Mr Weasley reached out for the brass knocker and rapped it three times against the wooden door. Inside there came the sound of chairs being scraped against the floor. Suddenly there came a voice at the door. “Who..who is it?” a nervous sounding Mrs Weasley said through the crack in the side of the old wooden door. Its Me and Harry.” Mr Weasley whispered. “ Oh Harry” Mrs Weasley cried as she flung open the door. “Now Molly” Mr Weasley said repremandingly. “What would’ve happened if we were actually death eaters dressed up as Harry and I.” But Mrs Weasley didn’t seem to hear him so he sighed resignedly and started locking the door. “Oh Harry weve been dreadfully worried ever since you went back to them muggles.” “ Are you hungry Harry, The muggles dont feed you enough do they?” Harry was saved answering the question when they walked into the dining room. The table was stretched to at least double its size. There were about people sitting at the table. “Harry’ Ron and Hermionie cried as they saw Harry. Hermionie came up and gave him a hug. “Harry, how have you been” Hermionie asked worriedly after finally letting him go. “ Ive been okay” Harry replied. “ How you going mate” Ron asked coming up behind Hermionie. “Im okay” harry repeated. “Come on Harry we save you a seat. Harry noticed that Hermionies parents were sitting at the end of the table not looking nervous at all, in fact they were chatting animatedly with fleur delacleurs parents, next to fleurs parents were Bill and fleur, then Charlie then Lupin and Tonks and…Harry’s heart sank sitting there was Ginny.
Ron and Hermionie led him to the three chairs at the end of the table. As Harry passed Ginny, she didn’t look up, and just kept staring at her plate. “So Harry” Hermionie said as he sat down. “ How have your holidays been so far?” she asked. “ Well they’ve been, well okay, I guess.” Harry replied without enthusiasm. “So” Harry said changing the subject. “ How is Fred and George’s shop going?” “ Oh its going pretty well, I mean look at them, they’ve never had that much money in their lives, they’ve got all new stuff and clothes and broomsticks, but they still give some to mum and dad. I mean mum and dad dont want it but Fred and George just go put it in the bank.” Ron said. “ And how, hows Bill” Harry asked tentatively. “ Oh “ Ron said, his face falling. “ Hes..hes getting better” Ron said. But Lupin said hell still have wolfish characters but he wont actually turn into a werewolf once a month. And he has to take some potion every night. I guess it could be worse. He could be like Lupin” Ron said gesturing over to where Lupin and Tonks were sitting. “Allright everyone, dig in” Mrs Weasley called. Harry suddenly noticed that the table in front of him was laden with food. “Finally” Ron moaned. They all dug in until nobody could move for eating so much of the deliciously tasty food. “ Oh Molly, I think you’ve out done yourself” Tonks said. “ Are you sure you dont need help with the washing up, Id be glad to help” Tonks said standing up and as she did knocking over the vase behind her. “Oh no thanks Tonks ill be fine” Mrs Weasley said waving her wand as the vase came upright again.
“Cmon Harry lets go up to my room, we need to talk with you” Ron said standing up. Rons bedroom looked exactly the same as it did the first time he had seen it. Ron flopped onto his bed as Hermionie moved Rons comics of the chair in the window. “How are you really Harry” Hermionie asked him as he found a clear patch of floor to sit on. “ Yes Harry we know that you…well” Ron said shrugging. “No Im fine” Harry argued although inside his head he was remembering the night that Snape had turned against Dumbledore and had performed the most evilest of curses, the Avada Cadavra. Dumbledore had been killed instantly in a flash of blinding green light. Snape and Malfoy had fled that night. “Come on Harry we know your not all right, no one has been all right since that night.” Hermionie pleaded. “Can we just not talk about it okay” Harry shouted before he could stop himself. “Okay Hermionie whispered, tears brimming in her eyes. “ So..” Ron said, trying to change the subject. “ Have you thought about who RMB could be?” “ Yes ive gone through all my books and the only people who have those initials wouldn’t be out trying to bring Voldermort down.” Harry said. “Yes I know ive gone through mine as well, and haven’t found a thing that any of those people are connected to Voldermort in any way.” Hermionie said, frustrated. “ Have you told Lupin about it yet?” Ron asked. “ I bet if any one knew someone with those initials, Lupin would know them” Ron said. “Well not yet” Harry replied.
That afternoon Harry, Ron and Hermionie were too busy helping with the wedding which would take place in two days time that they didn’t get another chance to discuss the fake Horcrux. They set up the chairs in the lawn where the wedding would take place and they also helped Mrs Weasley with the food. Harry’s spirits became lower and lower during the day. He thought someone would have remembered that it was his birthday today, especially since he was officially becoming of age. By nighttime all Harry wanted to do was go to sleep, and he told Ron so, but Ron persuaded him to go have a shower and get dressed as they were having a party for Bill and Fleur. As Harry got dressed he wondered why they were having a party for them two nights before the wedding. ‘But’ Harry thought to himself, ‘everyone would probably be too busy tomorrow. As Harry walked down the stairs he found that the lights in the hall were of, as Harry groped his way along the wall, he grew more and more worried. As he reached the lounge room he was nearing panic. Surely something bad had happened, he thought, he groped his way over to where he thought the light switch was. He moved towards the couch and stepped on something soft. In that moment Harry could have sworn that he heard an intake of breath. Suddenly the lights were switched on, Harry stared in amazement as the whole table of guest jumped out at him from their hiding places. Above Harry’s head there was a banner in Gryffindors with a snitch zooming around the words ‘ Happy Birthday Harry’. Harry gaped around at everyone. Hermionie appeared at his elbow. “ Happy birthday Harry” she said. “Thought wed forgotten didn’t you Harry?” Ron said, appearing at his other side. “Okay everyone time for Dinner” Mrs Weasley called. Dinner was an understatement. Harry could count at least 5 different chicken dishes and beef dishes and there was still desert. Harry was feeling deliriously happy after eating bowel after bowl of delicious treacle tart. “ Okay time for presents” Mr Weasley called “We’ll start with ours first” he said handing Harry a lumpy package. Inside was a shirt with a dragon on the front and a snitch on the back, there was also a pack of bertie botts every flavored beans, and a box of home made meat pies.

”Thanks” Harry said looking up at he Weasleys.Next Harry opened Lupin and Tonks present. It was a booked called ‘ The experts in Defence against the dark arts and how they did it’ “ Thought it might come in usefiul, Lupin said so that only Harry could hear him. Harry accumulated many presents from sweets to new spell books and even some more supplies for his broom stick servicing kit ( Hermioinie). Finally Harry had unwrapped all of his presents. “Wait” Hermionie said picking something up off the table. “Who is it from ?” Harry asked. “Dumbledore” Hermionie said handing Harry the letter. “But how?” Harry asked. Professor McGonnagal found it when she was in his office and when she saw it was addressed to you she sent it to us. “Oh” was all Harry said. He didn’t know why he did it he just stuck it into his pocket. Later that night as Harry changed into his pyjamas, he thought about Ginny. He couldn’t remember seeing her that day, except for a few minutes at the party. As he fell asleep, all thoughts of Dumbledores letter left his mind.

The next morning Harry woke up to the sounds of people milling around downstairs. “What are they doing up so early” Ron moaned sitting up in his bed. “ Well, may as well get up then, spose mums got a lot of stuff for us to do to help with the wedding.” ‘ Okay, once they were dressed they stumbled downstairs, on the way they met Ginny and Hermionie, “Morning” Hermionie yawned. Ginny didn’t say anything. “ Cmon lets get downstairs” Ron said in response. Once they were downstairs Mrs Weasley got them busy polishing the utensils that they would need for the next day. There was an awkward silence before Hermionie started talking about school, and whether they thought it would open that year. “ I dont think so, I mean what nutter would let their kids go back there, I mean since Dumbledore…” Ron said before he was cut off by Hermionie dropping a spoon she had just polished on the floor. “ Well, I think Hogwarts is just as safe as everywhere else, maybe even safer cause of the Professors and everything.” Hermionie put in thoughtfully. Ginny didn’t talk during the whole two hours they sat there polishing. Finally they finished and Ginny and Hermionie went to help Mrs Weasley with the food and Ron and Harry went to help Fred and George set up the tables for where the food would go on the day. “ So Fred”, Harry asked as they sat down to rest. “Hows the joke shop going” “ Great” Fred replied smiling. “We’ve had more business than weve got now, though now mind you, but its still pretty busy” “Yeah” George put in. “ And its all thanks to you mate.” That lunchtime everyone was worn out, the table was silent as everyone shoveled in the food. At around two o’clock that afternoon four owls from Hogwarts came for Harry,Ron Hermionie and Ginny. The letters said

This year Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry will not reopen due to the loss of our headmaster last year.

Signed
Minerva McGonnagal.

They all said that. “ I told you, I mean even if they did keep it open I dont think that anyone would turn up.” Ron said knowingly. “I wouldn’t be going back anyway” Harry said in response. “ I thought you’d say that Harry.” Hermionie said. “ I think I would have gone back if it was open, I mean would have really liked to get my newts.” She said. “ Cmon you guys” Fred said coming up to their chairs, “mum wants us to tidy up the garden again” “ Yeah, I think some leaves may have fallen on the ground during the night” George said sarcastically. “ Okay” Harry said standing up.
Late that night at dinner, everyone was too tired to eat, but managed to fit in a few plates or Mrs Weasleys tasty stew. “Im going upstairs” Harry said to Ron. “Ive got to check on Hedwig.” “Okay” Ron said.
As Harry neared the top of the stairs he heard crying. He quietly climbed the rest of the stairs. The sobbing seemed to be coming from the first room. “ Are you..Are you okay?” Harry asked tentatively. “ yes” the voice replied. “ Ginny?” Harry asked puzzled. “Harry?” Ginny asked. “Uh..can I..can I come in?” Harry asked. “ okay” Ginny replied. Harry walked into the room. Ginny was sitting on the end of the bed. Harry sat next to her. “Oh Harry” she cried, throwing her arms around him. “Oh Harry, ive missed you too much.” “ Ive missed you too” Harry said hugging her back. “ Harry, I dont care about Voldermort, I dont care” she cried. “ But what if Voldermort found out about you, I just couldn’t deal with it. I mean he’s already used you once before” Harry said. “ Harry he knows that I know you, were going through too much pain being apart, it doesn’t matter what happens. As long as were together.” She cried. Harry leant over and kissed her on the lips. He sighed. It felt great to be back with Ginny. But he knew that he would still worry about her, but for the meantime it was perfect. “ Harry” a voice outside called. Harry looked at Ginny. She nodded. “ In here” Harry called. Ron walked into the room. When he saw Harry and Ginny sitting together, he gave Harry a questioning look. Harry nodded. Rons face broke into a smile. “ Well, Harry were going to sleep so ill leave the light on” he said walking out of the room. “Im so glad were together again” Harry said. “I missed you so much” “I missed you too.” “Okay” Harry said. “Ill see you in the morning, then” “ Night” he said giving her another kiss. “Night” he heard her call. Harry lay in bed thinking of what had just happened. He fell asleep almost immediately. The letter still lay forgotten.

The next day the atmosphere was more relaxed then the day before. All the tables and chairs had been set up and all the arrangements were taken care of. Harry and Ron awoke at 8 o’clock. “How come your mum let us sleep in so late?” Harry asked Ron. “cause the weddings not till this evening. Bill and Fleur wanted it at dusk.” Ron replied. “ Oh” was all Harry said. “Umm, Ron,” Harry said suddenly. “Yeah” Ron said. “ I dont have anything to wear to the wedding.” Harry said. “Oh” Ron said. “Umm, well you see mum was sort of expecting us to wear these matching suits that she made” Ron said looking disgusted. Harry burst out laughing at the look on Rons face. “Wait till you see them, then you wont be laughing.” Ron said disgruntled. “Yeah,yeah” Harry said, continuing down the stairs. “No I mean it” “You should listen to him Harry, they look amazing.” Ginny said coming up behind them, with a smile on her face. Ginny motioned for Ron and Harry o follow her.

What the?

I don know what that was about, but then again... We probably should just discusse the book like the Ron and Hermonie factor? What do you think? Keep it real
;)

Back