• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Harry Potter

lucylou

Am i the only person who just can't get into these books :rolleyes: ? I have tried twice and i just get ...... BORED!:confused:

I read all the books and found geting into them. However, I didn't enjoy them that much and as I began to read more and more fantasy by Eddings, Raymond E. Feist and Stephen Lawhead, I realised that, in my opinion, the Harry Potter Books are substandard. This is only my opinion, so if the books are to your taste, don't take offense.

I like them, and lots of other people love them, but there are so many other books in the world! So don't feel bad for not "getting" the HP craze. I'm still waitng to "get" the hoopla over Tolkien, so don't feel too alone;) And we won't even go into that Da Vinci Code thing..

I love the HP books, i love the Tolkien books, it basically comes down to your tastes. Tolkien and Potter are definetly two different fantasies but i like them in different ways as well. No big deal find something else you like, if you tried it twice i think that is enough. Good Luck.

We own the first HP book and no one in the family has read it. I have tried to pick it up a couple times but never seem to stay in the mood for trying to read that type of book. I really like the mystery/humor/romance books. Someday I am sure that will change!:)

No, I can't get into them either. I read the first one, and really had to push myself to finish it. :rolleyes: I wouldn't mind giving them another go sometime, so I can see what the fuss is all about.

The first is by far the worst, in my opinion. I don't think that I would have gotten into HP if I hadn't read the 3rd book first (it was read to us in lcass by our teacher), so I can understand why you aren't getting swept up into the craze. I personally enjoy the Hp books, but I'm also a Tolkein fan, which is an extreme rarity these days it seems.

Back