• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Harry's Ordeals with ChoChang, is Hermione the one for Harry? *SPOILERS*

Halo said:
Good grief! :rolleyes: So it's not that he is shy and terrified about having his first girlfriend, which makes him all awkward and tongue-tied? (Which is how I read it.) Bloody psychologists, always reading too much into things!

Gotta say, I agree with you Halo, but then, I'm not a top psychologist so what do i know?! :rolleyes: :)

Safia said:
Maybe all her hints for Hermoine and Ron are just too obvious? Maybe Ron is just immatre about girls? Although I do hope they get together. I think Harry and Hermoine will always be great friends and probably very close, but as far as chemistry goes, I don't think there's anything.

But Rowling herself said that it's obvious...And Ron is no more immature than Harry and Hermione.

Safia said:
I don't know if Harry will end up with someone, but I think it may be Luna. I can't think of any other point of her actually being there. She has turned up rather suddenly as a major character in book 5 without any obvious point other then to be a new sort of friend.

ITA :)

Well if you are looking for something unexpected I think this will happen. Hermione says she loves Harry. Harry faces Voldemort. Harry and Boldemort both die due to some kind of magical bond. Ron comforts Hermione. They fall in love and they marry. But seeing as I have yet to read The Order of the Phoenix this may be outruled in the fifth book.

It may seem too obvious to us that Hermione and Ron may get it together but Rowling was writing these books for children initially. Perhaps this is a subtle hint that they would be unlikely to pick up on, but a fun sub-plot for their parents to enjoy.

There is definitely something to be said for Hermione being the sort to go for an older man, but she also needs someone who understands and appreciates her, and after all they've been through together, it makes sense that Ron could be that person.

As for Harry, maybe the twist is that he never does get the girl because he's got the bigger destiny of being such a powerful wizard....?

Anne-Marie said:
As for Harry, maybe the twist is that he never does get the girl because he's got the bigger destiny of being such a powerful wizard....?
Hmmm.... thats something to think about!
Harry might end up without a girl.... just like the hero in "Spiderman."
I cant remember what exactly he says when he refuses the girl..
"With great powers come great responisbilites..." :cool: or something like that!
Correct me if I am wrong :D

Okay, you're wrong :D Well ... you are if you've seen Spiderman 2 of course ;)

Or read the comic books for that matter ...

Phil

No, I havent seen Spiderman 2. I am talking about the climax of Spiderman (1). Doesnt he say 'No' to her in that movie? Or am I hallucinating?? :confused:

Yeah but thats a movie - they get together at the end of number 2.

Oh, and in the comic books they get married, so in the end he does get the girl!! Except, I think they were getting divorced last time I heard .. <sigh> so hard to keep up with current events in the world of make believe superheroes :D

Phil

Maybe Harry does get a girl, just one we haven't met yet?

Hermione and Krum, is it meant to fail or will it last?

Personally I try not to ship (though I do prefer Harry/Hermione). For people paying close attention there is far more Harry/Hermione situations that point to a possibility for a deep, life long relationship. Hermione and Ron would at best have a firecracker relationship.

For my best reference, hop over to Mugglenet and find the essay about Harry and Hermione...its about 60 pages long, hard to miss once you get started.

On J.K Rowling's website jkrowling.com there is a poll for the next question that she will answer; one of the choices is will Ron ever be with a girl.

That to me is like asking for a no with Hermione. Why else would she put that question up unless she knew that she would make people second-guess their obvious conclusions that Hermione and Ron would end up together? When you think about it, she has never been the kind of writer to wave something so obvious in your face and let you have it. Instead she desguises it and makes you think.

i don't think Harry will get romantic with anyone now that there's this Order business to deal with. He probably will hit someone (maybe a new character) at the end of the last book.

Hermione goes with Ron!

Blewin said:
He probably will hit someone (maybe a new character) at the end of the last book.

Hermione goes with Ron!

Hit someone meaning punch them?? :confused:
Although opposites attract Hermione and Ron are just plainly to obvious to be together. Maybe, Ron and Hermione do go out and then have a falling out. This leaves Harry torn between his friends and so he feels isolated. This makes him easy prey for Voldermort. Ok maybe that is a bit extreme but you never know!

That sounds plausible to me, though on the other hand Harry has put up with them falling out before. I disagree that Ron and Hermione getting together is too obvious though. Maybe older readers/adults will see the love/hate thing (though obviously not hate, but you know what I mean) and read more into it, but children might only take it at face value and think they annoy each other too much to ever get together. I still think they will end up together, though I also think that one of them might be killed off (probably Ron). :(

Blewin said:
i don't think Harry will get romantic with anyone now that there's this Order business to deal with. He probably will hit someone (maybe a new character) at the end of the last book.

Hermione goes with Ron!

But Rowling said something about little romance for Harry in Book 6...I personally think it would be Luna.
I agree with Ron and Hermione. They are just ideal couple. And IMO it's not a problem that it's obvious- Rowling sometimes makes twists and creates mysteries, but romances need build-up. And they're only one fully developed couple.

Beatrycze said:
But Rowling said something about little romance for Harry in Book 6...I personally think it would be Luna.
Harry and Luna seem to be compatiable on a tottally different level than Harry has been able to connect with any of his other friends. I think that this relationship will bloom into something greater. But, it won't be as romantic as it will be just understanding each other.

Back