• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Has anyone ever read Tank Girl?

ParadoxicalRae

Has anyone here read the Tank Girl comics? I never have, but I liked the movie (which I think a lot of people didn't) and I've always wanted to read the comics but there's only one comic book store in this town and it doesn't have them.

Yeah, it was a very cute series put out by DC a number of years ago, under their Vertigo Press imprint. It was well drawn, but there aren't many of them. I will say that the comics were better than the movie. The film was cute, but didn't get a lot of the subtleties of the series. You might try Mile High Comics out of Denver, Colorado, USA. They are HUGE and have several in-stock and ship anywhere in the world. Here's a link to one of them and then you can search out the rest.

Tank Girl - Apocalypse

Yeah, read tank girl and liked it. I also liked the movie. It's a British comic but was picked up later by DC. I can't remember the name of the comic that it used to run in now. Anybody? :)

I may be completely wrong here, but I have a very vague recollection of reading some Tank Girl, in which case it must have been in 2000AD. Unless I just remember reading about the film in SFX! :confused:

I don't think it was in 2000AD but I maybe wrong :)

<-- probablywrong lol

There was some mag it was in that had comics mixed with other stuff such as music reviews and articles. I can't remember the damn name of it. Also had a comic in their called milk and cheese.

SillyWabbit said:
There was some mag it was in that had comics mixed with other stuff such as music reviews and articles.

That is ringing a very faint bell... can't help you with the name though. Sorry! :)

I took Tank Girl home from the library once, and all I can remember is me thinking "that's weird" over and over again. Maybe I should give it another shot.

Halo said:
That is ringing a very faint bell... can't help you with the name though. Sorry! :)

Ok, you got me curious and I went searching. Don't you just love the internet? :D

From the tank girl web page

Welcome to the unofficial Tank Girl WWW site home of everyone's favourite punkster chick.

Tank Girl is the creation of Worthing comic artists Jamie Hewlett and Alan Martin. She first appeared in Deadline magazine, and quickly rose like a metaphor, to reach international fame, in an ultimately poorly drawn and apatheticly handled disaster.

Um... I'll try that again. We still love Tank Girl despite certain horrors done in her name, because she is more than a comic. Tank Girl is a wonderfully liberating idea for which I'll have to think of an amazingly emotionally stirring reason later.

Ok, glad that's sorted out. It was driving me nuts trying to remember! God, I have enough trouble remembering something that happened five mins ago! :eek:

Yup, my friend was an avid Tank Girl fan, and I used to borrow his comics. Tank Girl was a great gutsy character - I have no idea if they are publishing new stories.

Her boyfriend was a kangaroo - a strange human body with kangaroo head. I have no idea why.

I have never seen the film, it sounded hideous.

Deadline Magazine

Deadline was a great mag! There was another strip I used to enjoy - "Milk & Cheese" a carton of milk and his pal a wedge of cheese - both had immence thick eyebrows and psychotic tendencies.

Back