• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Has anyone read...

Pulbob

I dont know if there is a thread about "If anyone has read this book...and what do you think" so I thought I would start a generic one one for everyone instead of just making a thread about one particular book.

Ok, So I just got Rhapsody by Elizabeth Haydon at the library. Any one read this series and what are your thoughts on it? Would I be wasting my time? The synopsis looks pretty good and I was hoping there would be more surprises between the covers

Rhapsody makes my mind want to think of the Dragon Song/Singer/Drums series by Ann McCaffrey

Pulbob said:
I dont know if there is a thread about "If anyone has read this book...and what do you think" so I thought I would start a generic one one for everyone instead of just making a thread about one particular book.

i dont think its a very good idea, i mean its good but its not practical, a similar thread its the just finished reading one and the currently reading one, and its hard to find a comment on an specific book between 80+ pages of posts.
thats why i believe its always better to have individual threads

Symphony of the Ages

I read book 2 (Prophecy?) as well. I've gotta' say that I enjoy this series. Grunthor and Achmed help balance the romantic mushiness. I'll be reading book 3 soon (I hope). She's got another one coming out this summer "The Assassin King".

I read the 4th one, as it was a $1 somewhere, and liked it OK but not enough to pick up the trilogy. Some of the ideas were interesting but the writing itself was so-so.

I read the first two books, and didn't like them well enough to buy and read the third one. This to me is not a good selling point, since the whole purpose of reading a trilogy is being desperate to get to the final book to find out what happens!

I thought the books were far too mushy, and the premise of travelling through a tree to go elsewhere made me go 'Huh' rather than me happily suspending my disbelief and getting gripped by the story.

Disappointing really, especially since the books look so damn gorgeous in hardback (UK versions).

Ill start reading the first one with that in mind. If it slows up or I get bored, at least I know Im not missing anything. At least I have the George Martin A Game of Thrones book to read that sounds good from what people on here say.

Good ol' search button on the forum...

I just finished Rhapsody and really loved it. I'm a singer, so having the music-based magic was really delightful for me. I loved the characters too. The thing that makes or breaks a book for me is if I can't get into the characters. That's why I struggled with Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time book 1 so much...I just never really cared about any of the characters. For some reason, from page 1, of this one, however, I was hooked!

I see from the comments in the thread, not everyone cared for it, but I personally really enjoyed it!

Bill Buchanan

Great thread! Just what I needed!

Has anyone read anything by Bill Buchanan? I know this guy, and I didn't know he was a writer! I'll see him tomorrow in the gym, and he's getting harassed. If you've read any of his material, let me know what you think.

Has anyone read The Isis Trilogy, or any books by Monica Hughes? I've only read the Isis Trilogy, and I definitely recommend it. I really enjoyed it, especially The Keeper of the Isis Light. What got me to read the first one was that the main character lives alone on the planet of Isis, and settlers from Earth arrive. I won't give it away, because it's full of surpises. I'd like to read other books by Monica Hughes, especially one about the boy, or girl, born on the moon, and he, or she, goes to the bottom of the ocean, or something. Does anyone know the title?

Back