• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Have you ever.....part 2

Rzombie2002

Have you ever been so engrossed in a thriller or horror book that after putting it down for the night you either just couldn't go to sleep because you had the heebie jeebies or once you did fall asleep you had nightmares inspired by the book (what book if you don't mind)?

Nah. Only real life stuff freaks me out! "The Strnger Beside Me" by Ann Rule... creepy! Couldn't be around a man I didn't know for ages!

Me neither.

Of course, being afraid of the dark and whatall I don't read scary books or watch scary movies, they just don't appeal. Plus, I usually sleep during the day. :D

I've been disturbed by books I read before (you know, the ones that make me think long and hard and everything feels weird in my head), but I was never really frightened by a book.

Personally, books that made me think long after I finish them (like 1984, or Tigana) are more likely to inspire dreams than thrillers and horror stories.

ds

nope, no book or movie is able to rob my sleep.. I like to think about the books, but i still fall asleep easily....

direstraits said:
I've been disturbed by books I read before (you know, the ones that make me think long and hard and everything feels weird in my head), but I was never really frightened by a book.

me too, exactly

COUNTLESS time....haha. I mostly read scary crime and thrillers and i scare VERY easily...
i was reading home alone the other night and my mum walked in my room to get something, came back out with 2 giant knifes and says 'why were these in your room?' and my brother started laughing,...and im like 'i was scared'
haha

so to answer your question...YES. at least three time a week
lani

Thank you Wilderness. I have actually never been scared bya movie before, but with books my mind just loves to go all out and I have recently moved to a new house unfortunately located out in the woods, so letting my imagination run wild now has no limits. Ironically you quoted Dean Kootz and that's primarily who I read that does it to me. At least now I'm not the only one in here to admit to being scared by a book.

Back