• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

heart stabbed blade. first raw chapter

romance otaku

hello everyone. i am a writer, and i signed up for this forum to show off my work so far. so, here it is, the first raw (not final) chapter (or dilemma) of heart stabbed blade. pls comment as much as possible, even if its spam:D sp errors are also apprechiated <- see why i need them:whistling: also, there are no indents because they didnt stay wehn i copied fron the word document

Heart Stabbed Blade

I was clueless back then.

I can’t believe I did half the things that I did.

But I would not want to redo it.

“Why?” you may ask?

Because if I did and she found out I’d be screwed.

She would never forgive me.

And if she isn’t able to forgive me, I wouldn’t be able to forgive myself.

Dilemma 1: Her

Beep. Beep.

Even though I heard my alarm, I didn’t even think about getting up. I was not tired, though. I was in that state you get into right after sleeping; your mind floating between your dreams and reality. Every time I got there, I never wanted to leave. Not even a bit. I would be content to stay like that all day. Under my covers, all warm, within the dream I was having. I was in the perfect world, in the perfect school, with great friends and-

“Takato. Takato?”

-The best girl.

“Takato!!”

“I’m awake!!”

“You better be, don’t you realize that school starts in 5 minutes?!”

“5 minutes?!”

Somehow, we made it out the door 3 minutes later, and then made a mad dash to school. We made it right before the bell. Don’t ask me how, but we did.

“Cuttin’ it pretty close again, Takato. I still think your house adds a good mile to your walk”

“Shut it, Zack”

My house was pretty big. My parents left it to me before they disappeared. I have no clue where they may have gone, nor have they talked to me in any shape or form for the last 3 years. They had a lot of money, so a month after I started 7th grade they put a bunch of money in a bank at told them to let me have so much a month. Not that I miss them that much. Since they were always traveling or working I had to mostly fend for myself anyway.

I met her a few days later.

“Without her you would be screwed.”

“I know”

“And her boobs…”

As soon as he said that I’m sure my face turned red. Needless to say I’m shy and that Zack is a bit on the perverted side. Problem is, I never stay in shy mode long, so others don’t notice.

“Sh-shut up”

“Come on Zack, do us a favor and grow up, or at least get through puberty”

Zack turned to me, shrugged, and walked way towards a group of girls.

“Man, he just never quits”

That was Toji. I guess you could say he’s my best friend, but that’s not saying much. We talk during homeroom (now) and during lunch, and sometimes play a few games together online. I’ve known him since the 3rd grade, but I still don’t know anything about his personal life.

“Tell me about it”’ I replied.

Just then Mr.Jeno walked into the room.

“Class representative.”

“Yes sir. Stand. Bow….”

I think by now you are probably wondering who she is. Her name is Rena. Its not like we’re dating or anything. We’re just friends. I REPEAT: JUST FRIENDS.

It all started a few days after my parents left. I was told to go with her to put back some library books because the librarian was out. (This was at school, of course). It was obvious that we would be chosen because, bluntly said, we were the only ones that knew the difference between fiction and non-fiction. Reading really wasn’t a popular hobby if you know what I mean.

While we were walking we exchanged normal hellos, but then she asked me “How are you?”. It was just a normal greeting, so I could of said “good” or “fine”, but for some reason I felt that I needed to tell somebody and that I could trust her. And I did.

I don’t know weather she listened out of pity, or that she actually cared, but she listened none-the-less. And when I was done, and since we where the only ones in the library, we talked some more.

Not long after we found that our paths crossed when we went to school, so we started walking there together. Needless to say, that gave others the wrong idea.

That was 3 years ago, and Rena is still the only person that knows. It’s not like I’m hiding it, though. Its just a bit…. Uncomfortable.

Example:

Police dude: “Hay kid, where’s your parents.”

Me: “ Oh, they kind of ran away on me 3 years ago.”

Get what I mean?

Bring. Bring.

I got up from my desk and headed towards the door. On the way I passed Rena.

“I owe you one for this morning,” I said to her.

“It wasn’t a problem”, she replied

“Yes it is. I’ve been sleeping in a lot lately and it’s making more work for you.”

“No it isn’t.”

That’s when Toji walked over.

“Your just too nice to him, Rena. You should just leave without him one day to teach him a lesson.” he said.

“If I did that he would just sleep ‘till the next day and not notice a thing. Anyway, I have to go. See you tomorrow.” She replied.

Toji turned to me.

“Zack’s right, you two do make a good couple,” he said.

“I’m telling you, it’s not like that!”

Toji shrugged, then walked away.

The next day I forced myself to get up. I got dressed, ate, and did all the other usual things people did in the morning. I met Rena along the way. We said our normal hellos and talked a bit along the way. When we got to class we went our separate ways. I talked to Toji, ignored Zack a bit, and then sat down for class.

After 4th period (12:00) we have lunch. Me and a few friends eat on the roof of the school, on the side overlooking the courtyard where most of the girls eat. Needless to say, Zack sits with us. As I sat down, I started to get a headache.

“Dude, you don’t look so good,” said I must have had my hand on my head.

“I’m fine. I just need a drink from the fountain,” I replied.

When I got to the water fountain (which was 2 floors below the roof) and started leaning over to get a drink I started hearing footsteps. Like someone was running. When I looked up I saw a guy running extremely fast down the hall towards me. He passed me up, and then went down the stairs to the ground floor. I don’t know why, but I decided to chase after him, even though I was sure I could never catch up.

When I when down the stairs I saw the guy run out the door that led to the courtyard – the one where all girls eat. When I got out the door I saw that everyone outside was either asleep of knocked out. (I couldn’t tell which). Then I looked up from the bodies and saw that there was a huge, red force field like thingy around the school and the surrounding land.

I looked closer and saw there was some movement. It was Rena, somehow still awake. I ran to her.

“What happened?” I asked.

“I don’t know”, she replied weakly, “everyone just fainted and then that red thing appeared around the school”.

“I have to call an ambulance or...”

Rena suddenly pointed behind me. I looked over my shoulder and saw a man standing behind me. (I was sure that he wasn’t the guy from earlier).

“Did you do this!!?” I yelled at him.

He stayed silent. Then he lifted his hand in my direction. Suddenly, I couldn’t move. It was as if he paralyzed me from the neck down.

“You did this, didn’t you!!?”

He ignored me, and started walking towards Rena, who was still awake.

“Get away from her!!” I yelled at him.

He still ignored me, still going towards Rena, who couldn’t move.

“RENA!!!”

I snapped. I forced myself to get up and then ran at him full speed. He turned around. He looked stunned. I hit him in the stomach as hard as I could, and he went pretty far – but I wasn’t concerned about that. I ran toward him again, but that’s where my mind went blank. The only thing I remember after that is Rena looking at me with a surprised look on her face.

I woke up in my house, in my room on my bed. I could see through the window that it was dark out, but I had no idea how many days I had slept. Just then, Rena opened my bedroom door and walked in.

“Thank goodness, your finally awake,” she said as she walked into the room.

“Yah. Could you tell me what happened?” I asked.

She looked down.

“Well… you grew a tail and wings and knocked that guy out.” She replied shyly.

“What!?” I asked, amazed at her answer.

“Just what I said,” she said, a bit mad that I didn’t believe her, “this neon green gel stuff came out of you and formed into wings and a tail.”

“Are you sure your ok? You looked really bad back there and…”

She looked down.

“I know what I saw,” she interrupted

I decided to believe her. I really had no choice. I mean a) she is the only witness, and b) she looked really cute when she said it.

“Anyway, what about everyone else?” I asked, trying to avoid telling her my reasons for believing her.

“The red thing disappeared when you knocked out that guy, and everyone was awake and fine before the police came.

“ What about the 2 guys?”

“2 guys? I only saw one, and he disappeared in all the commotion.” I guess she didn’t see the other guy from the hall.

I stretched. This was way too much to process after just waking up. Then my stomach started rumbling.

“Man I’m hungry,” I said.

“You should be,” Rena replied, “you’ve been asleep for more than a day.”

“Really?” I said, “I hope you at least went to school.” I was sure she did. The last time she missed school was 2 years ago when she had the flu.

She looked at the ground.

“I skipped today.”

“You did?!” I said, surprised at her answer

“Yes, but its to big deal.”

There was silence for a little while.

“Ummm…” I said, breaking the silence, “why don’t we go down to the convenience store and get something to eat?”

‘Ok,” Rena replied, “are you well enough to come?”

“Yep, I’m fine.”

When we got back, we ate and made some small talk for a while. I still wanted to know more about what happened. So I decided to ask.

“So, how did I look with wings and a tail?” not exactly the best conversation starter, but the best I could come up with.

She turned really red and looked down. Then I thought about what I just said then I think I turned a bit red.

“Er…never mind,” I decided to say, “sorry I put you on the spot like that.”

“Oh, its ok,” she replied. She looked relieved, and so was I. To tell you the truth, I didn’t really want to hear her answer.

“You said something about another person?” she asked, probably also wanting to stay on the subject.

“Well, I had a headache, so I went downstairs to get a drink from the fountain. I saw him run past me and I followed him outside, but I didn’t see him again after that”

That night my thoughts were about my conversation with Rena. The main part I thought about was when she said that neon green goo came out of me and formed into wings and a tail. Most of me said it was a lie. That it was impossible. That Rena was seeing things. That that day was a dream.

But, there was a small part of me that said that it happened, and that it was all real. Anyway, I was sure Rena didn’t lie to me. The way she said it. She was both embarrassed (?) and sure of what she said. I was sure I could trust her. So, with that said, it really wasn’t a question of “if it happened”, but “how?” and “why?’

And, between you and me, how Rena thought I looked with them.

“Here come the lovers” was the first thing Rena and I heard when we walked into the classroom the next morning.

“Come on, Zack, leave them alone,” Said Toji.

“Elementary, my dear Toji. Both of them weren’t in school yesterday, and they come to school together today. The reason; they…”

“Go flirt with someone, Sherlock.” I said finally, and surprisingly, Zack walked away and did just that.

Toji turned to Rena and I.

“Sorry ‘bout that,” He said.

“Not your falt, besides, he’s always like that. If only there was a girl that would teach him a lesson.” I replied, smirking at the thought.

“He goes from one to another so quickly that there isn’t enough time to tell him off.” Rena said jokingly.

Then Hikari walked over.

“Hay, Rena,” she said, “When did you stat hanging out with boys?”

Hikari is one of Rena’s friends. I don’t really know that much about her but that.

“I really wouldn’t call it ‘hanging out’,” Rena replied, “We’re just talking.”

Then Hikari motioned for Rena to follow her then turned around. Rena smiled at me, and I smiled back, then Rena chased after Hikari. Then Toji walked over to me.

“Nice work a few days ago,” he said, almost at a whisper.

“Huh, you mean you know what the heck happened?” I was surprised, but I took the hint and didn’t yell out my thoughts.

“Yah, didn’t you nee me run past you in the hall?” he looked a bit puzzled.

“I did, but I didn’t know it was you,” I said. Then the thought occurred to me, and I wasn’t too happy at it; “Could you kinda fill me in, cause I’m pretty sure we would of all been in deep…” I caught myself before I got too far. Please note that we were still in homeroom.

“Wait, so you have absolutely no Idea what happened??” Toji was amazed.

“Nope.”

“So you know nothing?”

“Nope…err, well, it kinda depends on…”

Toji interrupted my rant.

“I guess I better fill you in.” Toji sighed. “After school on the roof good?”

“Yep,” I said, happy that I will finally get some answers

Back