• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Heat

Maree

Hi! Is anyone else out there addicted to Heat magazine?! I wake up Tuesday mornings and think YES its Heat day!!

Maree said:
Hi! Is anyone else out there addicted to Heat magazine?!

No, as it is utter claptrap about nothing marketed at people who have nothing in their lives other to find out Kate Winslet's baby raising tips or who the new guy in Emmerdale is sleeping with now.

I wake up Tuesday mornings and think YES its Heat day!!

This is for you :)

And welcome to the forum. :D

I suppose it saves money reading all the same pap in one glossy void than five. Just looked at the latest cover online:

• Is Sienna Pregnant? Catch up on 2005's oddest rumour
  • Anthony The photos he doesn't want you to see
  • Worries Over Skinny Girls Aloud Star Nadine Full Story Inside

Jeez! Such tripe!

• I think Sienna being pregnant is hardly an odd rumour. Nothing odd at all. Unless it's God's baby.
  • Has Anthony, useless tosspot and nobosy that he is, actually came out and said that he doesn't want people to see the pictures? :rolleyes:
  • Who's worrying about Nadine? If all five of them bugger off that's a good thing. Maybe the worries are that she might get better.

Jeez, you change your avatar more often than me.... :eek:

mehastings said:
Is this the UK equiv of the National Enquirer?

I don't know, having never read the National Enquirer. It's just a lowest common denominator magazine full of "celebrity" photo shoots, news, and rumours that is aimed at people who can't sort out their own lives because they are too busy worrying if Jude Law and that girl will get back together, what now for some crappy boy band, what some girl off some crappy soap has been eating for breakfast, some dire singer's latest diet tips, and what the loser from some reality TV programme is going to say this week in his incredibly thick and uneducated column.

Stewart said:
I don't know, having never read the National Enquirer. It's just a lowest common denominator magazine full of "celebrity" photo shoots, news, and rumours that is aimed at people who can't sort out their own lives because they are too busy worrying if Jude Law and that girl will get back together, what now for some crappy boy band, what some girl off some crappy soap has been eating for breakfast, some dire singer's latest diet tips, and what the loser from some reality TV programme is going to say this week in his incredibly thick and uneducated column.

I've never read it either, but best I can tell it's the same thing. The Enquirer seems to be mindless celebrity drivel interspersed with the occasional Woman Gives Birth to 45lb Baby! story. They place them in the market so you have to stare at the covers while you wait in line and from what I can tell, Jude Law seems to be the big thing here too.

A friend of mine is a researcher for a TV news network. He has to keep up on the National Enquirer. Reporters come to him and ask for more information on amazing stories they had heard about, and he needs to be able to say right away, "Um, that's from the Enquirer."

Maree said:
Hi! Is anyone else out there addicted to Heat magazine?! I wake up Tuesday mornings and think YES its Heat day!!
My sister buys this magazeen but I'm not really intrested in celeb world crap.

The National Enquirer had a headline, "Ties Make Men Stupid." Now, how can you hate a newspaper like that?

For a couple of years I was totally addicted with Heat, More, OK etc. Then, during the past few months I found that I was so fed up with reading and gloating over pictures of these so called "celebs", most of whom I wouldn't so much as cross a room to see, that I decided to go cold turkey and give up. It's been wonderful, I've since also given up my daily newspaper too which I never thought that I'd do in a million years.

Sadly my sister is still hooked and always asks "got any magazines?" when she comes to visit. I just larf and sympathise now... poor girl. :rolleyes: :p

i dont like heat or the other magazines because they just tell people about who went to bed with who and gossip that might ruine a persons career.

Back