• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello All

libris

kickbox
Hello All,

I'm very pleased to have found this forum and I look forward to discussing books and the art of reading with you all.

I am an avid reader, or rather I was before I had a baby eight months ago, and writer. My husband and I take turns reading aloud in the evenings while we put our baby to sleep; it really calms her down and gets her ready for bed. At present we're reading Bill Bryson's "The Lost Continent." I read mostly nonfiction, though I do follow a smattering of fiction authors as well (Atwood, Tolkien, Nick Bantock, Douglas Adams...). My favorite genres are nature writing, narrative nonfiction and books about books. I absolutely love Ex Libris (which is where I take my internet handle from).

My favorite authors include Carl Sagan, Steven Jay Gould, Bill Bryson, Annie Dillard, David James Duncan, John McPhee... OK there are way to many to list.

One book I read recently that I really enjoyed was the Book Thief. I don't normally read young adult novels (not being a young adult I find it hard to connect with them) but this title transcends the genre very nicely.

I just love books.

At any rate, thank you for having me!

Libris

Thank's!

I write everything that interests me, which is to say I write a bit about everything :D

Because I have a background in biology (and therefore find it quite interesting), most of my writings are squarely in the nature writing genre. I also write about motherhood, books and reading, family, farming and gardening, science, higher education... I don't do fiction; I'm no good at coming up with good dialogue.

Back