• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello all!

JanelB.

So glad to have found this forum! I have been an extremely avid reader since the age of 3 (Thanks Mom & Dad!! <3 ). My fiance and oldest son know that the way to my heart is a new book to read....though they often point to my vast collection and tell me I have enough to read, lol. Looking forward to getting to know everyone here and to FINALLY have a means of discussing literature with others (I'm the only one who reads in our home....my above mentioned fiance and son are seemingly allergic to it!)

~Janel

Hello Polly Parrot! Thanks for the welcome. I read everything but romance stuff. I prefer horror, classics, history,and bios.

Hey Welcome:) Not sure we'd have much in common reading wise I just love a good tear jerker and anything with a bit of romance is good too. Though I have to admit the occasional thriller is good too.

Hey Welcome:) Not sure we'd have much in common reading wise I just love a good tear jerker and anything with a bit of romance is good too. Though I have to admit the occasional thriller is good too.

Thanks for the welcome! :)

The last time I read a tear jerker was "Message in a Bottle" by Nicholas Sparks. Haven't read one since. Nothing against them and/or the romance genre. They just seem so "out there" to me. Relationships and such in them are so unrealistic in my opinion. I guess I've been burned too many times to believe love like the types often depicted can be feasible in reality.

We always want what we don't have. That's why I escape my own reality with these fantasy novels. But sometimes a little romance or even erotica can give you some idea of how to experiment in our own lives. The spice of life really is SPICY :)

Back