• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello Everyone

lktknow

Hello Everyone,
I think ever since I first learned to read, at the tender age of 4 or 5, I was hooked on reading any and every book I picked up.
Now that I have gotten much older, grandmother, I have sort of narrowed it down to non fiction. Somehow, to me at least, the book is so much more interesting, knowing the events portrayed in the book, truly happened. But, that is only my opinion.
I read a lot of True Crime books, and naturally Ann Rule is the best.
One of my favorite books is Outrage by Vincent Bugliosi. He also wrote Helter Skelter. If you have ever read any of his books, he can be long winded at times, but he makes you feel as if you are present in every scene he describes. If you are not seeming to understand what he is saying, which he has an uncanny feel for this, his analogies always make it much clearer.
The main reason I registered for this forum was to ask opinions on a certain book I had recently read, because it had me puzzled as to what others take on the book would be. I posted a thread on the book, but so far have gotten only one reply.
I plan on staying around though, because after reading a lot of the posts, you guys seem to have the same passion for reading as myself. I like reading about what other people have read, and their opinions on the book. To go in a book store such as Borders or any of them, it is so overwhelming, as to what to purchase, and with the cost of new books, this forum is a goldmine as to figuring out what you want to buy. The information seems to be endless, and I thank you all for that. I am looking forward to getting into some of the discussions on the books we have read.
Sorry this is so long, when it was only supposed to be an introduction.

Welcome to the forum. :)

I used to read a lot of True Crime books, but eventually got a bit sick of them. I only read a few Ann Rule books - I have A Stranger Beside Me somewhere floating about. John Douglas has a few good ones, with a lot of depth and detail about criminal profiling. I've also read Helter Skelter and And The Sea Will Tell by Vincent Bugliosi, and enjoyed them both. Not heard of Outrage though; I shall look it up on Amazon.

Back