• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

hello fellow wormys

mr hazabaza

well I never did...

can't believe how many other book readers are out there and on here

this site looks great! congratulations whoever created it, looks like a lot of effort has gone into it.

any advice for a newbie to this forum then? i.e. whats the highlights of the site and which sections do you people use most?

Im really into all sorts of books and would not say no to any reccomendation

I kind of thought I was a really synical kind of person a year or so ago however I can't honestly say Ive read a book which I would say "I hate it" about.... maybe I've just been lucky and have not read enough books.
my fave book is something Im still debating... its tough it really is
Im not a fast reader certainly not a freaky speed reader boy that freaks me.. wish I could do that stuff I really do

Just starting life of pi now and am quite a bit excited!

look forward to your posts people

mr hazabaza :^)

Hi there and welcome to the boards. I was amazed at the amount of booklovers on this site and at how friendly they are. Hope you have fun here :D

blue x

Welcome to the Boards, mr hazabaza! You'll find us a friendly bunch of booklovers!

Don't be fooled by the amount of members, though. Not all 1500 members post regularly on the Boards, it's a significantly smaller group of people you'll be talking to. Despite that (or because of it) this is a great place to debate books.

Don't be a stranger!

Cheers, Martin :D

Hi again, im really quite drunk an so i apologise :p Your name is really cool by the way - from whence does it originate??

Phil ?!

Welcome to the forum Mr Hazabaza.

This is the second thing in a row I've seen with Phil posting in it drunkendly. :D He must have gone on one hell of a messaging session when he came back from the pub. :D

Welcome Mr Hazabaza,

I'll be interested to read what you think of "Life of Pi". I suspect magic realism isn't for me. Hearing the book compared to "A Thousand Years of Solitude" was enough to put me off. I just couldn't take to the latter.

Hey, its me again, back and completely sober this time!! :p It wasnt THAT much of a posting session, only about five from what ive found!! Blame my parents for going away on holiday and leave me housesitting at their house with a few of my closest friends and a large (huge actually) bottle of Smirnoff (which i discovered this morning was EMPTY!! :eek: ). Damnable drinking games, still at least i learnt something at uni :)

Phil

You're right, Phil, only five messages. However, what strikes me as rather funny is the fact that in all five of 'em, you had to mention that you were drunk. I mean, we got the message after the first time. :)

Oh, and let's not forget the PM, in which you told me (you guessed it) that you were drunk.

I had quite a laugh, actually!

Cheers, Martin :D

Yeah well, what can i say, i was drunk ;) Anyway, enough talk of me, back to the books (or whatever this topic we hijacked was about, anyway)

Phil :)

Cheers everyone
my name mr hazabaza came about as its what my mate used to say if he couldnt think of the word he was thinking of!

he used to say things like "pass the hazabaza please" when he simply meant pass the ashtray

I liked it so much I changed my name by depole

p.s. im not drunk but if i get drunk i must remember to let phil t know!!!

mr hazabaza

Yes, you must tell the forum if you are drunk - in my case. you must keeping repeating it too incase they may have somehow missed it the other four times!! :D

Phil (who now seems to be the nominated Forum Drunk, is that like the Village Idiot then??)

Back