• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello from Russia!

Sergo

I get slightly tired of bumping into Big Wild Bears that walk up & down most of our streets, and decided to sit before my Toshiba Satellite and to read what other addicted readers write here. It is great to know that so many people like reading - it should mean that we are alike in at least this respect.

Wishing you all the best,
Sergo.

Sergo said:
I get slightly tired of bumping into Big Wild Bears.
What can i say? Only welcome, but with Big Wild Bears you are mistaken. As you can see I am too from Russia, so i didn't notice animals that walk up & down most of our streets. ;)

Hi Sanyuja!

I know girls here who just love Indian films. Lots of passion etc. Too many Kapurs to my taste...

It grabs me that between L. Carrol & S. King lies an abyss... At least if we take "Bag of Bones..." I like King myself. It's a pity The Dark Tower series came to an end... I have the last book in e-form, but hadn't read it yet...

That's it!

And I live in the South-Western part of Moscow, really on the brink of a forest... Five minute's walk...
Lots of Bears...

It's a mystery - why they never came near you?
Maybe air contamination... I imagine in the center it's much worse...
:)

Sergo said:
That's it!

And I live in the South-Western part of Moscow, really on the brink of a forest... Five minute's walk...
Lots of Bears...

It must be some kind of forest reserve, but I don't remember any in South-Western part ... ;)

Sergo said:
I know girls here who just love Indian films. Lots of passion etc. Too many Kapurs to my taste...
Its interesting ot know that Russian girls are interested in Bollywood :) Yeah, there are too many Kapurs and too many Khans these days!
Sergo said:
It grabs me that between L. Carrol & S. King lies an abyss... At least if we take "Bag of Bones..."
Thats the point. The books must be as disparate (right word?) as possible :D

If you look to the South-Western region of Moscow, you will see two forests: Bitcevsky and another one, much smaller, between Teply Stan & Yugo-Zapadnaya metro stations. I live exactly between them.

Oh, Sanyuja...

"Disparate"... I have never heard this word before, but it is precisely what you mean here, I imagine...

Would you believe that our TV broadcasts one Indian film each Sunday, primetime...

Sergo said:
Would you believe that our TV broadcasts one Indian film each Sunday, primetime...
Oh man! So, what kind of movies do they show? New releases? Do you watch them? Have you seen any old (80's 90's) Hindi movie?

ps: Am I asking too many questions? :D

sanyuja said:
Oh man! So, what kind of movies do they show? New releases? Do you watch them? Have you seen any old (80's 90's) Hindi movie?

ps: Am I asking too many questions? :D

Really, I've never seen an Indian (or should I say Hindi?) movie newer than 1980 or so... All we can see now on TV are old ones too.

No, not too many. I would have managed much more.

Sergo said:
That's it!

Lots of Bears...

It's a mystery - why they never came near you?
Maybe air contamination... I imagine in the center it's much worse...
:)

I become aware of about place you told. In South-Western part desposing beautiful town Zelenograd, a lot of forest. Can be find bears or even wolfes. This place you meant? My family lives there, mather, fother, sester ... you know ;)

Hi, Halo!
I have been to London last year - that's a great city.
It really amazed me that people are very friendly, and lots of squirrels, hares, birds in the city center... Absolutely no bears or volves... London subway is very interesting too.

Rustam said:
I become aware of about place you told. In South-Western part desposing beautiful town Zelenograd, a lot of forest. Can be find bears or even wolfes. This place you meant? My family lives there, mather, fother, sester ... you know ;)

No, quite the opposite: Zelenograd is to the north of Moscow.

As to real forest - we own a small piece of land near a forest about 20 km to the West of Moscow... Would you believe, there are no animals larger than wild boar there...
(All must have gone to walk up & down our streets...)

Back