• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello from Scotland

yowdendrift

Hi,
Happy to be surrounded by so many book lovers, and looking forward to a few debates/suggestions. Have strange interests - now reading 'The Imitation of Christ', but have an almost complete collection of David Gemmell; Howard's Conan stories; The Moomin stories, and a load of Scottish writing from the 1300's up to modern times. I suppose I look for something with some kind of 'edge' to it - though what that is I couldn't say, and couldn't really defend the idea of Moomintroll as having 'edge' - whatever it is!!
Well anyway, see you around.

oh YAY im the first person to say hi!!! :D:p:D haha...actually the only reason i clicked this was because your from scotland and i LOVE the UK!! dream vacation!! *aherm...yeah a little weird i know not like its the bahamas...:p* i hope i can go someday...but ah yes im rambling :p anyways welcome to the forum!!

Welcome.

I hope your stay here is filled with delight. If you look to your left, you'll find creative writers who just love critique when it's constructive, intellectual discussions, and a million suggestions for your very own next read. To your right, we have--just for you--a plethora of entertainment ranging from The Evil Wish Game to Manuscriptx.

Enjoy!

Please don't steal our towels.

Cheers!

Hello and thanks for the warm welcome!
Scotland is actually warm and sunny at the moment, but the other day I had to climb into my car through the boot, er, trunk, thanks to a flood of rainwater in the carpark at work - I should have stayed in bed and read!

Back