• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello - Horror Author here :-)

horrorauthor

Hello all and Good Evening,

Many thanks for allowing me to join your wonderful forum. As a youngster I was fascinated with the world of horror and I am pleased to say that as an adult, getting my first horror novel "Glory Hole" published with Spore Press is a dream come true.

My favourite works are wide ranging from Clive Barker, Richard Laymon, Stephen King to HP Lovecraft, Poe, Dahl and Dickens!

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Sleep tight X

Thanks for the response

Many thanks guys - I will post a synopsis in the coming days and feel free to check out my website (typing Warren Rome Horror on google)

Thanks again :)

We have very similar tastes. I’m a huge Barker fan, and King, as well. Lately, I’ve been real wrapped up in H.G. Wells. While he isn’t horror, his stuff definitely has a creepy feel to it that I absolutely love.

Fellow horror writer, here. Congrats on your publication! That’s awesome!

HP Wells

Have to say, I have only read one or two HG Wells - thought they were great. Any you would suggest that I might like, gratefully received! You are an author too? Fantastic... How are you finding it?

Further Updates...

Just finished reading "The Stranger Beside Me"... Really enjoyed this Ann Rule novel based on her life with notorious serial killer, Ted Bundy.

I am currently updating my website too; check out my blog re: my next book and how you could become a character in it etc :)

Best Wishes

Warren

@horrorauthor:

Well, I liked the last one I read so much that I couldn’t read another story for days. I’m one of those oddies who appreciates the way words are put together, not just a good story, and this had both.

The story is called: A Story of the Stone Age

The first few pages, I was like, ummm... but then BOOM! It opens up and the characters are brilliantly written and the story is good and bad and heartbreaking and wonderful. It’s literally one of the best stories I have ever read.

Yea, I’m an author. I write so much dark, macabre stuff that I’ve been labeled a horror writer, but I do some other stuff, too. Also, my horror isn’t all zombies and hackers hiding in the woods. :D I like to make trivial things scary, if I at all can.

I have a short on Amazon I did myself, I just got published with Twin Trinity Media with another short, I have two shorts in editing, one just came back with a really cool cover, and I am in a few anthologies due to contests I’ve won.

It ain’t paying all the bills yet, but it will. I also freelance, which is where I make the green. I am a professional gun reviewer/article writer for guns.com, and I have hundreds of articles elsewhere, through various clients.

It’s better than digging ditches. :D

Do you have a page/site?

Sounds Awesome

That's awesome fella! Keep it up dude, I will be sure to check out your website. Just completed an interview which will be used to promote my new novel and the graphic artist is due to be assigned so exciting times. I do have a website... Warren Rome - Author of Horror and the Macabre

Be great if you could pay me a visit... I have an author page on f/book too if you care to take a look.

Best of luck with the writing dude

Going to check it out! Are you going to release the novel digitally for Kindle?

EDIT: Haha, creepy, we both went with macabre on our sites...

Awesome! I have heard of sporepress.com - I should check them out closer.

Glory Hole, eh? It's something other than the obvious, or? :D

Hahaha - yes it IS what you think it is but obviously with a macabre twist! :) Spore Press have been excellent with me so far. Nothing but good things to say about them

Thanks! I'll definitely check them out. Also, be sure and let us know when the novel comes out, I'll for sure buy one.

Great - thanks my friend. I would certainly give them a whirl and be sure to let me know how you get on. I will be in touch and of course keep you posted re: release date

Thanks!

My first released short is a spooky chess story, and the last one is more of a comedy, and I have two more coming out quickly. One called Death's Ride, and another called The House Across the Street - both eerie types.

Back