• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello, I think I found what I was looking for.

Niles

I have been looking for a site like this and now I found it. I used to read more than I do now but this summer my mother compelled me to read Theophilus North by Thornton Wilder and it has breathed new energy reading.

Mainly I joined the site to get recommendations on books to read. I really like books like Theophilus North, The Great Gatsby, etc. Books about nothing (well they have a lot of meaning) more of a picture of a place and time. I have been trying to find the time to read Thornton Wilder's The Cabala and hope that it will be the kind of book I am in to right now.

Any suggestions?

-Niles

Welcome!

Picture of a place and time?
You may try Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton, Light in August by William Faulkner (this one is mostly about racism in society) or anything by Dickens.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am glad I found this site and am very happy with the size of it.

-Niles

Originally posted by Niles
I have been looking for a site like this and now I found it. -Niles

That is exactly how I felt when I found this site as well. I don't always feel I have a lot to contribute, so I don't post a lot, but I love to read what others have to say.

Back