• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello - I'm a newbie from Canada

I'm a newbie.......

Hello Sylvie - glad to hear from the East Coast -been to New Brunswick - liked what I saw - we've been to the East coast a number of times although originally from the West coast but the distance to the West got too far for driving and the East coast and the Atlantic ocean was nearer. Hope you enjoy the forum. Thank you also to KenIsaacson for your welcome and also your post about what you're reading - will get it from the library - my kind of book. momac :flowers:

Hello - I'm a newbie......

Hi Polly Parrot: Not too up on symbolism but will recognize it in future - Your'e quite a bit further away from the US than I am - do you live in the Netherlands permanently or are you going to university there....and is that a picture of you at the beginning of your posts???? My sister's husband is from Holland but I don't know which part - surname is de Nys so maybe you can tell the area by the surname. They are going there for several weeks for his family's big reunion and Anita is a bit apprehensive as she doesn't speak the language. I think they can all speak English but when they get all talking and excited I guess they revert to the mother tongue. momac :)

Born and raised here but will be moving soon. :)
That is not me.
I've no idea where Nys comes from, there's a singer called "Rob de Nijs" (don't youtube, it's horrendous) and I *think* he's from Brabant or another of the southern provinces. Not entirely sure there either.
Most Dutch people speak English but at varying degrees of fluency. It's a mandatory course in both primary and high school. I'm in the process of finishing my BA in English language and culture (read: literature) so I'm used to speaking and typing English.

Correction, the singer dude is from Amsterdam. Still, he's very annoying and you don't really want to hear him sing.

I'm a newbie etc.

I hope you get your BA with honours, best of luck and I won't listen to the Amsterdam dude on Youtube - have never even looked through it - my e-mail friends see to it that I get kept up to date with what they think I should be watching. momac :lol:

Back