• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello, I'm here for the books.

Lisa

I've been to many different forum to find new books, but I have found most of them to be inactive. I really love involving, high fantasy series, though I am extremely specific about my books, down to the font size and spacing. I will never judge a book by its cover, but I have no problem with doing so by its first sentence.

hello.gif

Have you ever used your first sentence rule, only to discover that you initial impression was not corect?
I am just starting two novels, (writing), if I gave you the first sentence of each, would you tell me if I am wasting my time?
Oh, welcome to the club, just jump right in, it is active indeed.

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope .... " By the time winter rolled around I was seasick from reading this. Dramamine, anyone?

Back