• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello, it's good to be here

fiedler

Hello,

It's good to be part of these wonderful Book & Reader's Forums.

At the moment, I'm working my way through all 22 of John Le Carre's books, in chronological order. I've read CALL FOR THE DEAD and A MURDER OF QUALITY, and now I'm starting THE SPY WHO CAME IN FROM THE COLD.

I've read all 60 of Arthur Conan Doyle's SHERLOCK HOLMES stories, and I've recently read WUTHERING HEIGHTS and JANE EYRE by Emily and Charlotte Bronte, respectively. Another book I've read fairly recently is Nevil Shute's PIED PIPER. I'm also a fan of Agatha Christie's stories, as well.

I'm looking forward to some good conversations with like-minded members of these Forums.

Yours sincerely,
fiedler

Hi Conscious Bob,

How are you?

Thank you so much for your reply and for your welcome. It's nice to be here.

Kindest Regards,
fiedler

Ah, so you go for more of the classics. I read Wuthering Heights in high school over a summer.... I thought it was awful, but that could be b/c I wasn't really paying attention, it was just a shorter book reading option than Anna Karenina.

Hello readsalot,

Thanks so much for your comments. Yes, well I must say that WUTHERING HEIGHTS is quite a dark and even morbid story, and I certainly won't be reading it again in the near future. I actually thought that Emily Bronte's older sister Charlotte wrote a better story in JANE EYRE: it was a more uplifting story than WUTHERING HEIGHTS.

Hey, guess I'm just more of a light-hearted mystery type reader. My disdain for Wuthering heights could also have been the fact that I was 17 and annoyed to be wasting my time on that rather than star wars books or something :)

In days gone by I was - and somewhat still am - a fan of Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys mysteries, but these days, I'm more into lighthearted stuff like The Spellmans series by Lisa Lutz or forensic science mysteries like The Bug Man series by Tim Downs or books by Kathy Reichs (okay, so not so lighthearted here.)

Agatha Christie stuff is decent, but I don't usually read it. I grab and audiobook.
J.A. Jance has a few good series. I prefer Ali Reynolds series to her others though.

I'm sorry, readsalot, but I don't know most of the authors you mentioned but I do believe the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys stories were very good.
I'm a fan of Agatha Christie's stories, but I've only read a couple of her stories so far.
You'll have to excuse my reading tastes as I'm probably a lot older than you (I'm 51 years old).

Anyway, I'll google those authors you mentioned, in order to educate myself!!

Ha, well, there's no guarantee that you'll like the same stuff I like. It's okay. I don't get to read for fun all that much these days. Been doing a lot of proofreading of my own. It's fun but can get somewhat tedious. I find I have wider "reading" tastes when I listen to audiobooks. Oh, try the #1 Ladies Detective series by Alexander McCall Smith. You might like them b/c they're sort of charming in a classic sort of way.

Back