• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

hello people

nelka35

I prefer following the rules, when they make sense to me, so here is my introduction.
I live in NY, USA. Read mostly fantasy - Mercedes lackey, Anne McCaffrey, Christopher Stasheff, David Eddings. Young adult fantasy - Tamora Pierce.
Other subjects I have an interest in are psychology and education. Enjoy kids books.
What else?... Love quotes and sayings.
Glad to meet you all!

Welcome to the Boards, Nelka. You'll find us a friendly bunch of booklovers!

So we know what you like, but what are you reading right now?

Cheers, Martin :D

Thanks for the welcome, Kaz, Martin! :)

What I am reading right now?.. Well, I just got a bunch of books from other bookcrossers; have to choose what to read in what order. :cool:
In the past few days I have read "The Treasure Box" by Orson Scott Card, "Moonsinger's Friends: in honor of Andre Norton", edited by Susan Schwartz, and "Cat Spitting Mad" by Shirley Rousseau Murphy. Now I am trying to decide what's next.
What seems to happen to me often is that I will not be reading anything I haven't read before for a long stretch, and then I either get introduced to a new author or somehow get into a new book. Which was exactly what happened now - until last week or so, I hadn't read anything new for a few months. Was only rereading and rereading Lackey, McCaffrey, and Pierce.

Oh yeah, I like mysteries too, as you may have noticed.;)
Where the focus isn't on the violence, the gore, and the like.
I like kids' mysteries - like The Boxcar Children - too, a lot . And I am just getting into Nancy drew and Hardy Boys. Would you believe I've read only one of each, and both within the past few weeks?..

What are you reading?

Hi nelka,
Thank you for the warm greeting. Right back at ya.
I've recently picked up a series of 10 mysteries that you may enjoy set in Alaska by Sue Henry. The first in the series is Murder on the Iditarod Trail. I've read the 1st 4 so far and they are simple but fun reading with 2 central characters throughout. (got to have that love interest don'tchaknow) I believe she has another in the series due out soon.
Best wishes & thanks again !
RaVeN

Hello again, RaVeN!

Thanks; I looked those mysteries up on Amazon.com - they do look interesting. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Yep, classical... But that's part of what makes life interesting... ;):cool:

Glad to meet ya'!:)

Hi Nelka. As far as fantasy, I have read two of R.A. Salvatore's trilogy: The Demon Awakens, and The Demon Spirit. I have the Demon Apostle but have not started it yet. I have really enjoyed the storyline.

Just thought I would suggest them if you want to try some more fantasy.

--Tim

Thanks for the welcome, Idun, Tim!:)

Thanks for the suggestion, Tim. I don't know if it would be my kind of books, though, as I can see from the title - I read gentle fantasy, mostly.

I'm with you on the "gentle fantasy" but I've never thought of putting it that way. :)

I prefer fantasy where the main characters don't die off at an alarming rate.

Originally posted by Ashlea
I'm with you on the "gentle fantasy" but I've never thought of putting it that way. :)

I prefer fantasy where the main characters don't die off at an alarming rate.

:cool: :) Yeah...
I prefer the fantasy that isn't dark...

Back