• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello there!

Welcome to the boards, Hobitten! You'll find us a friendly bunch of booklovers!

What are your favourite genres, and which book are you reading just now?

Cheers, Martin :D

Thank you for your warm welcome.

I have a lot of favorite genres: Classics (Danish and English/American), British detective novels, modern Scandinavian literature like Ib Michael, Jan Guillou, Peter Høgh and others.

Right now I am in the middle of my annual read of Tolkien, the trilogy of the Ring. As you can probably guess from my "name" (hobitten = The hobbit), I am a huge fan of the halflings, and other creatures of Middle Earth. I read the trilogy at least once a year, and I can't wait till dec. 23rd when it will be my turn to see "The Return of the King".

Thanks, Hobitten

Haha! I'll be going on December 21st!

Anyway, I'm a huge fan of LotR to, but I can;t say that I read it at least once a year. Maybe once every two years. Great book, though. Rightfully came in first in the Big Read-list!

Lucky you!!! Then you can tell me if it lives up to your expectations.

Last night was the Gala premiere in Copenhagen, with all the celebraties of this country - including our queen and most of the royal family. The queen is a huge fan. Some 20 years ago she illustrated an edition of the books.

Oh, and Peter Jackson and Viggo Mortensen were there as well.
along with whats-his-name, who played Gollum.

Good night, Hobitten.

That's right, Andy Serkis. Thanks.

I have an exam this morning, so I'd better get cracking...

Hobitten

Hey Hobbiton :) Welcome to the Forums!!!

Yay, yay, its out here today!! (Not that im going to see it 'til after Chrimbo but thats besides the point) :)

Phil

Hi Phil.

Sorry, but my logon-name is Hobitten, not Hobitton. "Hobitten" means "the hobbit" in Danish.

Hobitten

Well, i apologise for the mistake then - Welcome Hobbiten (checks to make sure he actually got it right this time) :)

Phil

Mental note to self, make sure to call Martin Marten from now on just to annoy him repeatedly :D

God... you're actually actively trying to annoy me... what have I ever done to you?!

You know, except boiling your dog.

Hey Marten :p 'Boiling your dog' - is that actually some colloquial phrase or did you mean it literally - just an innocent question :)
Personally, i dont think my dog would like being boiled very much, she stuck her nose into the boiling hot kettle water once when i was pouring it out and she wont go near it now!! :D

Phil

Back