• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

hello there

heavydutyjudy

Hi,
Just thought I'd introduce myself to this forum. have had a wee look and it does seem to be heavily oriented towards sci-fi stuff. would you agree? Also mucho non-book talk...
I'm into modern fiction of all sorts, crime, humourous stuff. Last books I read were The Rotters Club by jonathan coe which is a wonderful book, and Glue by Irvine Welsh, which is a great read if you can get past the scary Edinburgh dialogue!
Books about politics are also fascinating - anyone read the Alan Clark diaries? What a totally charming b****ard!
Jude
ps how do you work these stupid fonts and colour thingies? and the avatars? I am not a techie - I just like books!
;)

Hi there and welcome.

Adding an Avatar

To add an avatar you need to have a graphic file on your local computer that you can upload to our server. If you go into you "User Control Panel" (the button labeled user cp at the top of all the forum pages), and then select "Edit Options". Near to the bottom of that page is a button called "Change Avatar". Click this and you get a message saying "Thankyou for updating your profile....." (not sure why it does this rather than taking you straight to the next page - will have to speak to Jelsoft, the makers of vBulletin).

You should then be taken to the "Edit Avatar" page. On here are options to upload an avatar picture from your local computer. All avatars are stored on our server.

There are no pre-definded avatars, as I wanted everyone to be able to choose their own unique identity.

Choosing Fonts

Clicking on the buttons at the top of the reply box (in the area called "vB Code" will allow you to type messages in different colours or fonts. This page will help to explain about vB Code.

Hope that helps.

Darren.

PS I'm going to design a site-wide "Help & FAQ" area to hopefully answer all of these common questions. Will be adding some pictures to this too.

Until I've finished it, this page is the standard FAQ for the forums

Back