• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello

Zaradrak

Hello All,
I'm Matt and its been a while since I've joined a forum group. I'm a Engineering student and though I tend to read more technical books, even in my spare time, I do enjoy a great sci-fy book or, as of late, classics of literature. I hope to talk and share. :D

Favorite Works: The Ender Quintet, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, etc.
Currently Reading: The Invisible Computer (A technical book, interesting ideas though)

Hi Zaradrak,

I tend to avoid nonfiction books like they're a plague...but I have read most of the stuff on your favorite works list. I didn't care all that much for the LOTR books, but I think that's 'cause I saw the movies first...that made the books slow.

Yea. I could imagine that reading the books after the movies could take the fun out of LOTR. As for nonfiction, I don't know maybe because I've been reading them for such a long time about various subjects I find them more interesting to read than most people.

hello.gif

Yea. I could imagine that reading the books after the movies could take the fun out of LOTR. As for nonfiction, I don't know maybe because I've been reading them for such a long time about various subjects I find them more interesting to read than most people.
The one loophole I've found in my "non-fiction is usually terrible" thinking is forensics and serial killers. I don't read true crime, but I imagine that would also be a fuzzy area. Body Farm was fascinating.

Back